Trump, chickening out of ABC debate, wants one on Fox News instead

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/08/03/trump-chickening-out-of-abc-debate-demands-fox-news-debate-with-harris-instead.html

14 Likes

bryan cranston coward GIF

53 Likes

It simply cannot be on fox. That is a trap. …wouldn’t even trust them to activate any trump opponent’s microphone for more than a static-y low volume at six seconds at a time

[insert “flames added electronically by channel 6” simpsons meme]

29 Likes

What a weird bully.

ETA:
also, an arena huh? wants a WWE event not a substantive debate. surprised hulk hogan is not a moderator.

35 Likes

28 Likes

So Trump already „agreed“ on the station, date, state and moderators?

Maybe Harris can also „agree“ on another debate with another station, and somewhere else but at the same time?

23 Likes

I see Brave Sir Donald is at it again.

34 Likes

FOX News helicopter revised

28 Likes

She agreed with what had already been planned… the Sept. 10 (I think) on ABC. Trump was the one who backed out here.

31 Likes

Untitled

Don the Con doesn’t want anything where he can’t control the narrative.

26 Likes
27 Likes

Moderated by his supporters:
Bret Baier the election denier:

And Martha MacCaulum, insurrectionist:
"After a mob of Trump supporters stormed the Capitol, MacCallum initially said, “This is a huge victory for these protesters. They have disrupted the system in an enormous way!”Later on during coverage of the events she called them “unsettling” and stated that “control has to be maintained.”[12] She likened the storming of the U.S. Capitol to a peaceful protest outside Josh Hawley’s home a few days earlier; The New York Times said it was “bizarre” to link “swarms of Trump supporters breaking into the seat of democracy, an event that made worldwide news, to a small-scale incident at the home of a Republican official.”

17 Likes

I was not surprised to see The New York Times report it as “Trump Agrees to a Fox News Debate With Harris on Sept. 4,” using his wording as its headline. This suggests that he was talked into it and that Harris is on the hook to do it, neither of which is true.

I noticed that the BBC ran with a similar headline this morning, but the article seems to have been amended since then.

19 Likes

I can’t see Harris, or her Secret Service Detail, agreeing to a “debate” in front of an arena full of full wound-up Maga-minds. That would be dangerous; suicidal, even.

28 Likes

30 Likes

“I am in litigation against ABC Network and George Slopadopoulos, thereby creating a conflict of interest.”

first of all, he’s like a ten year old bully for god’s sake. :person_facepalming:

second, is he in litigation? because if that’s a conflict of interest, maybe he should reconsider the whole presidency thing… since he’s already in litigation with several states and the federal government.

41 Likes
19 Likes

Rapist doesn’t like being called a rapist.

24 Likes
28 Likes

“New York has opted to separate out a crime of rape. Stephanopoulos’s statements dealt not with the public’s usage of that term, but the jury’s consideration of it during a formal legal proceeding,” Altonaga wrote, adding that this case would turn on “whether it is substantially true to say a jury (or juries) found (Trump) liable for rape by a jury despite the jury’s verdict expressly finding he was not liable for rape.”

Ugh. This completely ignores what the judge in New York found, even though the judge is saying she’s not ignoring that. That’s just a bad decision. That case should have been dismissed. This issue has been litigated twice already.

21 Likes