09/10/24 Debate play by play thread

For the Hariss trump prez debate. Share happenings, analysis, jokes, joy and despair. And drinking games!

16 Likes

Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

16 Likes

I can’t stand to hear Trump talk, but please @ me if he has a heart attack on stage.

31 Likes

I predict that at some point in the debate Trump will say he’s running against Biden.

And he’ll go to the corner of the ring for his handler to give him a bump of powdered Adderall.

18 Likes

source:

interactive bingo card:
https://www.axios.com/2024/09/10/presidential-debate-bingo-card-trump-harris

bingo card PDFs from USA Today / Austin American-Statesman:

21 Likes

thank you for opening this thread. i will be checking in throughout the night.
need to get out the cheap scotch. not gonna play this game with the good stuff!

20 Likes

Of all the places to hold a watch party… :woman_facepalming:t4: :

4h ago16.30 EDT

RNC to hold debate watch party at gun store near Georgia high school shooting site

The RNC has scheduled a watch party for tonights debate at a gun store in Georgia just miles away from Apalachee high school where two teachers and two students were killed by a 14-year-old shooter last week.

“While Georgians continue to mourn the students and educators who were shot and killed at Apalachee High School last week, the RNC is hosting a #Debate2024 watch party at the nation’s largest gun store tonight—less than 50 miles from Apalachee High School,” the gun-control advocacy group Moms Demand Action wrote in a post on X, adding in all caps: “INSENSITIVE. GROSS. REPREHENSIBLE.”

23 Likes

any minute now.

just in case, I’m booting up a nice fantasy video game in the background in case I need to flee.

pbs newshour simulcast link for good measure

just watching the two of them walking on was amost too much for me. also I might be less than sober…

11 Likes

I’m still awake, my wife is drifting in and out but when the first shoe hits the screen she’ll wake up.

And away we go.

9 Likes

ABC is referring to Trump as President Trump. That’s bullshit.

21 Likes

She walked over and made him shake hands.

22 Likes

We’re sitting it out as well. I’m intensely curious how it’ll go, but prolonged frenzied rage is not healthy.

8 Likes

Did she just pull out a pen for notes?

3 Likes

Good lord, the lie rate out of Trump’s mouth is insane.

17 Likes

She started out sounding nervous but that seems to have passed.

9 Likes

“I haven’t read Project 2025”…maybe a truth? I mean, he’s notorious for not reading.

15 Likes

I’m sure he hasn’t read it, but it was literally written by his people, including, in part, JD Vance.

13 Likes

T brings up Wharton, his $ “plan.”
Bring up our "worth as a country?
Create “good solid money”?

WTF
USA != “his” business venture

11 Likes

He pretty much admitted that he hasn’t read it so that he can say that he hasn’t read it.

7 Likes

“We made gowns!” is a weird way to describe the Trump administration’s handling of the pandemic.

11 Likes