Trump’s handlers are afraid he can’t STFU

Originally published at: Trump’s handlers are afraid he can’t STFU - Boing Boing

12 Likes

breath of the wild running GIF

18 Likes

I don’t know why anyone would want to debate Trump without a mute button, how else would you ever get a word in edgewise amongst the torrent of bullshit? Any time you’re trying to make a point about anything, he’ll be blathering over you going “no, no, not true, I’m the greatest president in the history of the universe, fake news, Biden Crime Family, illegal immigrants, bigly huge woke DEI, buy Trumpy Trout, this is my voice talking…”. If you’re counting on the American public to recognize his constant interruptions as incoherent senile yammering, I don’t think you’ve met 48% of them.

Honestly the most productive conversation with Trump would probably be one where he was muted from start to finish.

23 Likes

Harris’s team want to show him bullying and talking over women. That’d play a lot better than it would’ve for a Trump/Biden debate. Of course what they really need is real moderation, but that’s not going to happen.

28 Likes

Where have they been since 2015? :woman_shrugging: He’s never been able to stay on message and STFU… he’s a narcissist asshole with no discipline! What the fuck do they expect!!! And all the GOP operatives running around claiming he’s gonna be presidential THIS TIME are just fucking delusional…

Or, could be that Harris knows she’ll do better in the debate then he will? Because, you know, she’s spent years honing those skills as a lawyer? :woman_shrugging:

43 Likes

I read that one of Biden’s struggles in the first debate was that, although we didn’t hear it because it was muted for broadcast, Trump would not S. T. F. U. while Biden was talking. (I wish I could find one of the articles about it, but I’m just getting old articles about how Biden is old–just as helpful now as they were then.) Having that idiot loudly covefing all over the place while you’re trying to make a point has to be a test for even a skilled debater.

26 Likes

The down side to that is the other candidate can hear him talking, being distracting, etc.and the viewer can’t.

The one good thing I have seen on the regular nightly news (which is still where a lot of people who don’t watch CNN or are on the internet all the time get their news) are highlighting some of the bonkers shit Trump has been saying at rallies.

11 Likes

■■■■■’s supporters also want this.

21 Likes

Well, my debate proposal is that the moderators place him in a soundproof booth while Harris is speaking, and then leave him there forever.

32 Likes

Anybody who thinks the Donvict can STFU is in a state of wilful denial.

30 Likes

point pointing GIF by Shalita Grant

12 Likes

My theory: Harris knows that the idiot will blabber endless nonsense. Thus, her campaign commercials will have already been written for her.

10 Likes

This. After all, they liked it just fine when he did it to Hillary. More demonstrations of his core misogyny isn’t going to move the needle at this point.

15 Likes

Fixed that for them.

19 Likes

Maybe it’s a double bluff? “We want the mics on all the time.” “No! Mute them when our guy’s not talking!” “OK, if you insist…”

8 Likes

“Trump’s handlers are afraid he can’t STFU”

No shit. If he had just kept his mouth shut after he got elected in 2016 he would still be in office today.

2 Likes

Weighing Options Are You Sure GIF

He was kind of a shit president, and not just because of his mouth. He had bad policies that didn’t help anyone and just sort of failed on just about every issue. He sucked as president. That’s why he lost. His mouth didn’t help, but it’s not the only reason he lost.

28 Likes

Maybe they mean if he’d kept his mouth completely shut after he was elected in 2016, he wouldn’t have been able to take the oath of office in 2017, so he never would have been President! Of course, then we would have had President Mike Pence…

12 Likes

His lawyers are probably terrified of the prospect of Trump in a deposition or on the witness stand. Not only does he have trouble shutting up, he also has trouble with the truth. He’d just keep hammering nails into his own coffin.

8 Likes

Yeah, Pence would have been another one-termer…

9 Likes