Trump’s handlers are afraid he can’t STFU

I mean, do you remember anything else from the original Biden/Trump debates but this?

Joe Biden Shut Up GIF by Election 2020

24 Likes

It’s a brave strategy on the part of the Harris campaign. His bullying performance in the Clinton campaign was repulsive but it appears to have been effective in dominating the debate.
I’m not sure what the best way of dealing with someone like that in the rigid format of a TV debate, but the mute button sounds like the best - if for no other reason than the audience might hear something.
Mind you they could award an extra 30 seconds to Harris every time Trump spoke over here - though there is a risk the debate might not finish until after voting day.

6 Likes

Trump’s handlers are afraid know damn well he can’t STFU

FIFY

18 Likes

Scorpion’s handlers are afraid he likes to sting, worried about river crossing :roll_eyes:

16 Likes

Excuse Me What GIF by Biden Inauguration Committee

12 Likes

You spelled “air-proof” wrong.

10 Likes

That’s a given - the question is why she’d want him talking over her and preventing her from making her arguments in the first place.

That would explain it - having all the disadvantages of Trump continuing to talk, while the audience doesn’t realize it, would make keeping his mic on the better option. It’s interesting that Trump did this - he’s not smart enough to realize the effect it would have, so I have to assume it was purely because he couldn’t control himself, even knowing the audience wouldn’t hear him.

7 Likes

“Hey grandpa. the washroom is over there. Could someone help him out, he seems kind of confused again.”

6 Likes

I read in the news that the Trump campaign is accelerating his campaign schedule all the way to November. Because having Trump talk more is the way out of this?

Flaming On Fire GIF

12 Likes

… that one time, Biden calling out Trump’s misbehavior seemed to work for Biden

The whole rest of his life, Trump shouting people down has worked pretty well for Trump, e.g. winning the White House in 2016

If Harris wants to let him do it again, I hope she knows what she’s doing :grimacing:

10 Likes

Just double checking - we all remember the fact that she’s an experienced prosecutor who has training for how to handle uncooperative witnesses and defendants? I’m pretty confident that her team wouldn’t suggest this if they weren’t comfortable with her ability to use his behavior on a hot mic against him.

18 Likes

I’m not a proponent of these for their intended audience, but this would probably do the trick, and for only $12.

7 Likes

Sounds right.

8 Likes

I was thinking more along the lines of a shock collar. Something with a remote and sound sensing.

7 Likes

:laughing: and :rage: at the same time.
But I get it.

Also, I hope you don’t mind, but I have my hurricane-correcting sharpie to hand.

ETA:
:laughing: for the mango-prince-of-darkness.
:rage: should you choose to use this on an actual pupper.

8 Likes

Gonna need both, just to be sure

3 Likes

There was speculation that the mute button actually worked to Trump’s advantage as he just kept talking. The viewers may not have heard it, but Biden sure did and I’d imagine this was very distracting.

Right? Part of the terms of the Biden/Trump debate was the moderators couldn’t fact check anything Trump said. Which made the whole idea of moderators somewhat pointless.

I mean, he was doing this even when he wasn’t muted.

11 Likes

This keeps bringing me back to the Cliff Clavin option :wink::

9 Likes

If are afraid=know.

3 Likes

Exactly. I don’t know why they would want the open mic, but I believe Harris and her team have some good reasons. She’s probably already watched every old debate and campaign speech (such fortitude!)
Harris knows what she’s getting into and probably has the experience and skills necessary to turn the situation in her favor.

Besides, Trump is again trying to weasel out of this debate. Probably looks good to show he’s afraid of Harris with an open mic

10 Likes