Why bother debating Trump?

When we know that trump lies all the time, why bother debating him, and giving him yet another platform to lie from?

Biden should have told trump to stuff it – trump is behind and needs the debates more than Biden does.

7 Likes

Well good luck with that - I know its not easy living in your own private idaho.

9 Likes

I think in the tiny hope of showing contrast: reminding people of what leadership and normalcy is, and of all the things Trump isn’t.

3 Likes

to who? The lines are drawn. Either you have your head up your ass, or you see a way forward. All this will do is give the idiot trump supporters –– see above –– a chance to rally. No matter what happens trump will claim victory, his idiots will affirm it, and Biden will have wasted his time on these fools.

Biden’s simple message should be “He’s nothing but a liar, waste of time.”

4 Likes

I agree. Way back in the before times I thought if it ended up Biden vs Trump it was going to be a horrendous debate where the “winner” will be who talks less. Biden wins nothing by engaging Trump.

2 Likes

Trump the Lier’s supporters don’t care about “what a president should look like” or decorum, or rule of law, or anything like that. They want a bully who acts like a 5 year old, who says “you’re the puppet” and similar childish retorts instead of having even the slightest hint of actual reasonable argument. They want someone who will just yell and try to drown out their opponent by being louder and less reasonable. To them, that is how a “winner” looks. Never mind that trump is the worst businessman in the history of business, losing more money than just about all other Americans combined… every year. He has a building with his name on it, and had a TV show where he could be mean to people every week. And continues to spit out childish playground insults at people he doesn’t like on an hourly basis. That is that trump supporters like. To them, the stupider, and less “presidential” trump acts, the more they will like him. There is absolutely no way Biden can win those people over. The more reasonable he is, the better his plans sound, the more competent he seems, the more they will hate him.

The debates are a waste of time. Trump will not “debate” anything. He will act like a 2 year old, spew out lies, and call Biden insulting names, and constantly interrupt Biden. “No you’re the tax cheat”. And his base will love it.

8 Likes

[Citation Needed]

9 Likes

welcome to BB comrade. something tells me you wont stay long.

9 Likes

They’re going to rally anyway.

The debates aren’t an opportunity to win over Trump supporters, they’re too far gone to reach. The debates are an opportunity to remind the “both sides”/“why vote” crowd that there is a shit-ton of difference between the two sides.

11 Likes

And your proof and medical diagnosis of this?

2 Likes

I’d argue this can be seen from both angles. This could help solidify Biden as a viable candidate and strengthen his lead or even expand it.

1 Like

they dont want normalcy; trump is the american dream to them; a con-artist, who “made it”, who doesnt pay his taxes, has no regret nor remorse, no self-doubts whatsoever, speaks up his mind, calls dead soldiers “loosers” which they are, in their minds, because they let themself get killed (heroes dont get killed, they live to brag about their kills), doesnt give a shit about anyone…he is a fucking folk hero, and NOTHING will change that for them. especialy not a debate with biden or ANYONE else.

3 Likes

jw6kF41

11 Likes

Trump is what a stupid man imagines what a smart man is like, what a weak man thinks a strong man is like, and what a poor man thinks a rich man is like.

18 Likes

People who think both sides are bad are not going to be watching.

2 Likes

Because there’s nothing new to watch?

3 Likes

I think you misunderstand his sentiment here. He does not uphold survivors as heroes - he disparages all volunteer soldiers who would risk their lives for others, without direct self profit as suckers, and anybody so easily suckered into disregarding their own fortune are by his definition losers. Hero or dead - suckers and losers by trump’s measure.

4 Likes

right, but his fanbase does. that was my whole point; what his supporters belive he is.

2 Likes

“Both sidesers” probably won’t even be voting. They’ll be too busy touching hot stoves and crying about how burny it feels.

8 Likes

Well let’s follow that reasoning to its logical conclusion. If there’s no hope of disillusioning Trump supporters and there’s no hope of winning over voters who aren’t planning to vote for Biden already then why campaign at all? Biden’s name is going to be on the ballot either way now that he’s got the nomination.

2 Likes