CBS News: "Shrieking" heard from Jeffrey Epstein's cell the morning he died

Yeah, I was wondering about that. I mean since Epstein is dead, there can be no double jeopardy. He pled and served a sentance, but now you can’t argue that he shouldn’t be tried for crimes that he has already served a sentance for. I was also wondering about the fact that his potential co-conspirators can’t turn state’s evidence against Epstein, which changes that dynamic.

2 Likes

My personal thought - and this is not a theory, it doesn’t even rise to the level of a hypothesis, it’s just something that I think could be plausible - Step 1, the staff, at least key members are corrupt. (Corrupt law enforcement you say? Impossible!) Step 2, JE realizes the corn hole Hell he will be living in if he gets sent to prison and can’t buy himself into a country club. Step 3, JE pays aforementioned corrupt staff to allow him to hang himself, because underneath it all, he’s nothing but a coward.

1 Like

The reason media is flooded with conspiracy theories right now is exactly to make cover for actions like this. We are living through the biggest COINTELPRO operation in human history. Welcome to the digital revolution.

1 Like
5 Likes

The average age of an MSNBC viewer is over 60.

All of the legacy media audiences are heavily skewed on age. They’re wildly unrepresentative of the wider population.

5 Likes

… that one or more people who wanted Epstein dead took steps to carry out their wishes?

Or that there was a massive conspiracy to keep him alive, but he died anyway?

1 Like

I would actually be quite surprised to discover that Epstein was murdered by way of a cover-up. I wouldn’t be surprised to find that he was murdered by an inmate. “Shocked to my very core” is a stretch- I don’t think anything about this case would shock me to my very core beyond Epstein actually being innocent (that would be a massive shock!).

2 Likes

Sometimes I have to wonder about randomness. As I was reading the comments in this thread, I realized my iTunes was playing Oingo Boingo’s “Little Girls.” Admittedly, I was on a playlist that had all of my OB albums in it, but that’s still only 6 chances mixed in with 355 other songs.

That song, out of all their songs, has really made me wonder about Danny Elfman a time or two.

On topic, I was skeptical when the news of Epstein’s suicide broke, because his case involves a lot of powerful people who want to remain powerful people.

But, in my life, I had an experience where we discovered our neighbor was a child molester, and worked with the cops to catch him. He killed himself before he could be taken to jail. And he wasn’t even running an underage sex trafficking ring.

I expect Epstein knew what he had done, knew what they had on him, and knew he was totally fucked.

4 Likes

I expect this will appear on BB at some point, or maybe it already has or I missed it, but Ken White just published a piece in the Atlantic: 32 Short Stories about Death in Prison. It’s horrifying.

And while it certainly doesn’t prove that Epstein’s death wasn’t a conspiracy (I’m not sure how that would ever be proven), it definitely highlights that people die in jail all the time, in circumstances far more egregious than Epstein’s situation. We just don’t hear much about it unless it’s a rich white well-connected asshole. Neglect of prisoners in the US justice system isn’t a bug, as far as some jailers are concerned. It’s a feature.

9 Likes

The problem is: we know that just being wealthy and connected can grant one the immunity he enjoyed. (There are many far less rich, far less connected people who got away with decades of rape and abuse, especially when the victims were “only” young women & girls.) And we know that lots of negative attention and outrage can cause one to lose that immunity, which, along with being a convicted pedophile in prison, are things that people kill themselves over.

So, if there were ever going to be a conspiracy of rich, powerful men to kill someone, this would be a likely situation, but on the other hand, the conspiracy-free version works just fine to explain things on its own.

2 Likes

Someone somewhere has video footage of at least the hallway, right?

There’s already been some leakage of information:

8 Likes

I’ve read enough mysteries to know that the shrieking was coming from the Parrot.

6 Likes

I don’t know what evidence they have collected, nor what Epstein may have squirreled away in his safe, but unless its a signed confession from the concerned 3rd parties I have a feeling that a lot of this evidence is going to amount to nothing without Epstein’s cooperative testimony.

Without him it will go something like this: Former young girl says so & so raped me; white male so & so says I’ve never met you in my life. Stalemate, white male walks. Whats missing is Epstein saying, yup, I introduced them, and transported them both on my plane on these dates noted in my log.

Everybody seems to be thinking like it doesn’t matter he’s dead, but I think a whole bunch of people are going to get away with “it” now.

1 Like

Well, no – I was talking about the story of his death and the maybe / probably not / who cares conspiracy around it.

That said, I don’t think the sex-abuse story needs to have taken up as many political news column inches as it has. This is not going to be the thing that stops Turmp.

Not every story needs to be about Trump.

4 Likes

But then, Epstein wasn’t the only person involved in funneling girls to white male so & sos…

2 Likes

but the other people are not in jail now, with the possibility of cooperating.

1 Like

Well yeah, they’re not in jail yet. fingers crossed

5 Likes

This is also where I’m at- it doesn’t take a conspiracy to put a few calls in for some guard transfers.

I also don’t think Epstein’s death will be what spares his collaborators and associates. The degree and scale of these crimes virtually guarantees a trove of hard evidence which will be much more viable in a court of law than the testimony of a child-sex trafficking fraudster.

2 Likes