CBS News: "Shrieking" heard from Jeffrey Epstein's cell the morning he died

first responders and hospital staff would have access to information laid out in the post.

I remember this happening when Gil Scott-Heron died. Someone using an IP address at St. Luke’s Hospital (where Scott-Heron died) edited the Wikipedia article, adding the date of death before there’d been any announcement.

EDIT:

Also…

5 Likes

https://definitions.uslegal.com/n/negligent-homicide/

4 Likes

Trafficking victim (naive): I was one of hundreds of underage girls pushed into sexual slavery on behalf of wealthy men who still have positions of tremendous power in business and government today. I’ve been trying to tell my story for decades, but people are finally starting to list—

Naysayer (wise): NO TIME FOR THAT, LADY. We’ve got facial recognition tech and nuclear cruise missiles and Putin’s election rigging to worry about. Maybe we can make time to hear your story in another 20 years.

16 Likes

It’s good to have some clarification on that. Thanks.

2 Likes

There is another option - multiple stories written by people attempting suicide by jumping or hanging that I have read say you get a profound sense of regret at trying to kill yourself when you pass the point of no return. So even if it was suicide Epstein could still have been struggling for life.

1 Like

That CBS News chose such an ambiguous headline, allowing that it might have been Epstein shrieking, is the stuff institutional regrets are made of.

And then you use the same ambiguous headline your post. Using tabloid style headlines to complain about tabloid style headlines does not help your argument

Oh my:

4 Likes

Good thoughts, and this CBS ‘news’ is still working its way through my mental hopper… but I will say that “plausible” has been getting a really serious workout the past couple of years.

1 Like

Thread on another of CBS’ wonderful “news” and “reporting”:

CBS isn’t just scraping the bottom of the barrel, they’re saying the slime and alge are delicious.

4 Likes

I wonder if Hoff would recommend that said crowd should follow suit and adopt police officers’ relatively silent schadenfreude upon hearing news of unarmed blacks being murdered.

2 Likes

Lemme go make a tinfoil hat real quick.

1 Like

Right, so with bullets whizzing around and people getting shot, a crowd of people stood there laughing. People who don’t like cops do have forcefields.

8 Likes

although I understand that now that he’s dead a whole series of non-disclosure agreements are over.

“Shrieking” heard from Jeffrey Epstein’s cell the morning he died

sigh in case nobody posted this already:

Guards Slept Through Checks and Falsified Records
The guards did not check on him for three hours , officials said

I assume the “shrieking” was from the female guard when they found him? please dont hit me.

1 Like

Yes, because only women shriek… :unamused:

3 Likes

I know; I just couldnt resist, sorry. and I shriek quite often.

2 Likes

its official; cause of death: suicide.

Jeffrey Epstein died by suicide in his Manhattan prison cell, according to the office of New York City’s chief medical examiner

4 Likes

/s

3 Likes