Cease and Desist pin

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/08/15/cease-and-decist-pin.html

3 Likes

Boy, I really need that pin.

1 Like

That’s wonderful! I wonder how long before he gets a C&D of his very own?

4 Likes

Also one of their available pins:

5 Likes

Hmm…I am tempted to pick up a few of these before my next trip to Disney. It would amuse me to “pin trade” this with some of the employees to set these into the “pin trading” ecology.

5 Likes

do it, dude.

4 Likes

Hi! King Drippa here. So I can tell you that I have yet to receive any sort of C+D from Disney. Guess I’m under the radar…

11 Likes

Hey that’s an insult to . . . oh nevermind.

3 Likes

A fun idea but it wouldn’t work. CMs can only trade for pins that have a Disney copyright on them (http://disneyparksmerchandise.com/parksauthentic/disney-pin-trading-guidelines-for-guests/).

I can imagine that a likely work around would be to trade a regular Disney pin, but then gift them the C+D pin as well. Or just flat out give them out without getting a pin in return. So it should be ok, in theory.

2 Likes

Dude, I work in permissions/images/etc., and that pin made me laugh so much it was, like, milliseconds before I bought one.

2 Likes

Ha ha awesome. You got any hints to really agitate the Disney copyright folks?

2 Likes

Put a dick somewhere in there.

3 Likes

“Do anything at all” is a general rule of thumb, but nothing gets their goat as much as combining Disney with sex which, unfortunately, usually produces skeevy results.

1 Like

There are supposedly single frames of [I think it was Ariel? One of the Disney princesses] that are nude, slipped in subliminally by an animator. @MikeBurakoff you could do a commemorative pin with the image?

1 Like

I’m sure you’re right. I’m also sure that if you target some busy CM in food service, they’ll just see the Micky and accept it.

2 Likes

Of course there’s also a chance that if the wrong person sees it you’ll be asked to leave. A friend of a friend got kicked out for wearing a t shirt that read. “I didn’t say that she was crazy…”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.