People who wear these tee shirts to Disneyland are the worst

Originally published at: People who wear these tee shirts to Disneyland are the worst | Boing Boing

8 Likes

It’s maybe a tiny, infinitesimal improvement on literal swastika shirts, but still not fucking good enough.

Disney used to be good at drawing lines.

26 Likes

All I can think, honestly, is that they want it. That they’re okay with it. That they support these shirts.

I only can think that because you do the SLIGHTEST bit of things they don’t like with artwork or fan games or fanfiction or on YOUTUBE and they DMCA you within minutes. They certainly COULD stop this, especially at their parks, if they wanted to. They stop all kinds of stuff there and elsewhere all the time with vicious impunity.

9 Likes

I was told that the line currently sits at “No bikini tops in the park”. What did it look like when they were good at drawing lines? Genuinely curious…

2 Likes

12 Likes

… how about if we were wearing this one instead

14 Likes

When one of my kids was in their high school band, they did a concert of John Williams music. I made a video of the whole concert and put it on YouTube. I thought my kid’s band was pretty good, but there was no way that anyone was going to mistake their renditions of Indiana Jones, Star Wars, etc, music was going to be mistaken for Disney music used for my own nefarious purposes. Besides, that video was destined to viewed literally 10s of times by other band parents.

It was taken down as a copyright violation within a couple days. They can actively monitor for kids playing their music on YouTube, but fascist Mickey merch just slides under their radar.

15 Likes

Who said that? I’ve definitely seen bikini tops there, especially with the recent hot weather. The closest thing that the park dress code has to a rule against those is:

But that’s somewhat subjective and there’s a strong argument to be made that bikinis would be ok.

I’m sure that some people have probably been kicked out for bikini tops in the past but I don’t think that’s common these days.

Also, while not downright offensive like the knockoff “back the blue” shirts, some of the real licensed clothing they sell is actually pretty risque:

12 Likes

I don’t… what is that even supposed to mean? A thin blue line US flag Mickey Mouse… there’s so much going on, I’m not sure what they’re even going for.

5 Likes

It’s the white supremecist fascism they support. They just think they’re being “cute” putting it on the mice.

18 Likes

I’m always wondering what that monochrome flag with the blue line is all about. Thought it had to do with supporting cops. But that Biscayne Times article says it’s something about no quarter? Hmm, some day, I’ll need to do some searching around about it.

Maybe it’s Mickey and Minnie kill black people, maybe?

1 Like

Psst… it’s kill the black people.

1 Like

I hope I don’t get BoingBoing sued again

12 Likes

Walt would have approved. Go to a park built by a racist fascist, and you just might bump into some racist fascists, I guess.

2 Likes

Maybe they are just fans of the Thin Blue Line?

3 Likes

The cult of Disney attracting these dirtbags to their lineups sends shivers down my spine.

This is an excellent pun.

6 Likes

Yup. At least once in a while they should use their accomplished hit squad of lawyers for doing something good.

5 Likes

“I frequently see this tee shirt or a variant of it at Disneyland.”

Yes these people are assholes but for me the real question is how often do you go to Disneyland?

5 Likes

No. The questions were, quite clearly;

5 Likes