Celebrate the 40th anniversary of 'The Wrath of Khan' by watching it on the big screen

Originally published at: Celebrate the 40th anniversary of 'The Wrath of Khan' by watching it on the big screen | Boing Boing

5 Likes

4 Likes

Stupid idea that’s been in my head for a long time:

You know how the Tennessee Williams Festival has a contest for screaming “Stella”/“Stanley”? Somebody should do a contest for screaming “Khan!”

4 Likes

In normal times I’d be very tempted to go to the theatre and “Khaaaan!” along with Kirk. But alas, I don’t want to be marooned in the centre of a hospital ICU.

8 Likes

Dammit, I’m cynical enough that I’m not even sure I want to got to a theater in September given how we’ve been handling COVID in the US.

OMICROOOOOOOOONNNNNNN!!!

12 Likes

Bones-cheers

6 Likes

Just moments ago they released the schedule of events for the upcoming Star Trek cruise, and one of the events is entitled “Khaaantest!”, which I assume is just what you’re looking for.

Also, back on the actual topic, there’s a 40th anniversary screening of Wrath of Khan hosted by Walter Koenig in the main theater one night. Looking forward to that.

4 Likes

Every time someone uses the phrase “earworm” to describe a song they can’t get out of their head I can’t help thinking of Koenig’s most memorable scene in that film.

11 Likes

“He put… creatures … in our bodies…” The line deliveries in this movie are consistently great.

4 Likes

I named my cat after the character :smirk_cat:

6 Likes

I’ve had plenty of practice since i’m having to yell at my cat when he does something naughty or annoying

2 Likes

Would it be ironic if you had to give Khan kitty ear medicine for kitty ear bugs?

3 Likes

That’d be amusing for sure. I do occasionally check his ears but thankfully he’s usually clear in that dept

1 Like

That’s for thrill-seekers for whom going to the cinema during a pandemic is not dangerous enough.

3 Likes

I have been watching this movie for decades. I can quote more lines from this movie than any other.

1 Like

Celebrate the 40th anniversary of ‘The Wrath of Khan’ by watching it on the big screen

4 Likes

One of J.J. Abrams’ many cinematic sins was his 2013 attempt to do a remake/homage/parody of this classic. I love Benedict Cumberbatch but that movie just missed the mark on so many levels.

7 Likes

Caught it in 70mm a few years back and it was perfection. I doubt fathom events lackluster print can come close.

1 Like

I’ve had this favorited ever since I saw it linked on here YEARS ago.

2 Likes

I remember this movie! I liked it