Celebrate The Warriors film with the cast at Coney Island, NYC on 9/13

[Read the post]

Fun fact - that guy with the bottles grew up to be T-Bird in the movie The Crow.

1 Like

Finally, after all these years, the Warriors are going to “come out to play-ay!”

2 Likes

I find it fascinating that while the film takes NYC gangs to the hyperbolic (obviously there weren’t really roving gangs of mime or baseball themed thugs) how much truth there was to the gang aspect of the film. I came to learn how many of the NYC street gangs of the time were actually “themed” with fantastical names.

80 Blocks from Tiffany’s was a great documentary about some the more notorious of the South Bronx gangs (I mean clubs).

OH one other fun fact - one of my favorite Rave albums of all time - Messiah’s 21st Century Jesus - used some sound bites from this film. I have only seen that film like a year ago or so, so it was cool to learn where they came from.

Warriors references are in a couple of songs, but show sup at about :40 on the first song if curious.

Temple Dreams is one of my favorite songs ever.

1 Like

Whoa, I finally watched this movie for the first time a few days ago (been meaning to for years, since a friend of mine just loves it). I really liked it, despite my disappointment that the overalls gang turned out to only have the one guy on roller skates, instead of all of them :slight_smile:

That goes way back.

Les Apaches (French: [a.paʃ]) was a Parisian Belle Époque violent criminal underworld subculture of early 20th century: hooligans, night muggers, street gangs, etc.

Wikipedia

I always remember them because of that brass-knuckles/knife/gun combo weapon, which is so quintessentially French.

I finally found out where Pop Will Eat Itself got the samples from -> Can You Dig It

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.