Celebrate World Homeopathy Awareness Week with homeopathyawarenessweek.org

I’ve got three big problems with the vaccine deniers:

First, they get kids killed, and they allow these diseases to rebound.

Second, they demonize autistic folks.

Third, they undermine legit concerns about certain vaccines for certain people.

In effect, we need to get to the point that vaccines are used, and are used responsibly, and where everyone who can safely use the vaccine, chooses to get the vaccine, so that those who can’t safely use the vaccine [due to allergies, immune problems, eczema, etc.] don’t have to get the vaccine and no one has to be vulnerable.

[Who decided to use live Vaccinia, without quarantine, and without preparing for possible secondary infections, where there was no Variola risk? eczema vaccinotum is fracking scary. Who did this without warning the public, ensuring quarantine, providing care for the public, or even tracking outbreaks among the public?]

8 Likes

You know what grinds my gears? (Aw, come on, you read this far.) That CVS puts homeopathic nostrums right next to over-the-counter medications with real active ingredients. Couldn’t they sell them in a special section? Maybe next to the as-advertised-on-TV-but-doesn’t-actually-work stuff?

13 Likes

Thank you for raising my awareness of this thing, and so diminishing its potency.

6 Likes

Did you hear the one about the homeopath who drank a glass of distilled water?

He died of an overdose.

17 Likes

Even better, when homeopathic medicines expire, you can get 'em at half price! Wouldn’t they be twice as effective?

(from BB flickr pool - at Findhorn Ecovillage in Scotland)

7 Likes

I believe that the Emperor’s New Weavers (llc) hold the copyright on that.

I couldn’t help noticing the absence of Homeopathic Hops from the list of Danegeld Enterprises products. Is that a copyright issue with the big brewing companies?

7 Likes

You know, when I go to a chili cookoff, they give me a little bowl that all the chili contestants spoon their chili into for you to eat, one by one. You eat one, then you go to another, and so on.

I’ve always found the first bowl to be the most effective, because the dregs of that bowl are homeopathically diluted across all the other chili samples you eat for the rest of the event. So by the time you have your last bowl, that first bowl is actually at its most powerful!

2 Likes

Homeopathy Awareness Week???

I prefer a small amount of ignorance on the subject every day. :slight_smile:

and of course there are these classic:

4 Likes

Haddaway and shite.

1 Like

Because America’s all that matters, right? Look up herd immunity will you? And read the previous comment by @Lexicat. There’s a dear, thanks.

1 Like

It’s easy and fashionable to criticise Homeopathy at the moment but apply the same standards to modern pharmaceuticals?

Here’s a medicine that’s been found to be as effective as a placebo and has side-effects.

1 Like

Look - I know you’re trying to be funny, but people DO DIE from overdosing on water. It is rare, but all of them are tragic, preventable deaths. Hardly a laughing matter.

Everyone, please tell your kids about the dangers of overdosing on water.

Also let them know they can’t eat a whole table spoon of cinnamon.

2 Likes

Uh, no. It’s possible SSRIs are as effective as placebos for milder depression (for which therapy is often a first-line treatment.) There is very good evidence that they’re helpful for severe depression.

3 Likes

By their own claims, wouldn’t Homeopaths Without Borders be creating the effects of HUGE amounts of borders?

6 Likes

I shall hire you, sir, and pay you with my homeopathic currency.

1 Like

You’re all just homophobic.

Statistics are an invaluable tool and I commend you on your well thought-out post, however, what becomes of that 1 person in 1,000,000 (like myself) who has an adverse reaction.
Unfortunately, there is no recourse as the drug/vaccine has been approved by governmental bodies. Should I simply be thankful that I am still alive (unlike others) in spite of on-going problems?
Should pharmaceutical companies be forced to disclose all studies to regulatory bodies or should they be allowed to continue to withhold knowledge of serious complications. Why are potential conflicts of interest tolerated when employees of the regulatory bodies are allowed to become employees of the companies they are taxed with overseeing? Why are companies merely fined for criminal convictions?
Refusing to immunize can also be vote of non-confidence in the system.

1 Like

That’s not a table spoon, that’s a ladle… hardcore!

I think that should be “homeophobic”. Everyone is a little bit, and the less you are, the more powerful it is.

4 Likes

that is quite the racket they have going on there…lol.

on the upside, if your kid breaks into the “medicine” cabinet and eats the whole lot, worst case they’ll have a sugar buzz. :slight_smile: Although I am confused how placebos are supposed to work on pets…they don’t know what they are getting or what it is supposed to do. also any pets? sea monkeys? goldfish? snake? parrot? i wouldn’t think that the original substances that are no longer in the final product wouldn’t even have a universal effect on all pet types hence even breaking the BS anti-logic they made up that the diluted until no longer containing product has the opposite effect. You can tell even they know they are bullshiting when they release a product that works on kids and pets the same way.

if homeopathy were legit then the best cure in the world would be a tic-tac found on the ground in a NYC subway station. that would be some powerful medicine.

2 Likes