Certified young person Paul Rudd makes mask PSA aimed at germ-spreading millennials

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/16/certified-young-person-paul-ru.html

9 Likes

An interesting reminder here that “millenials” just means “anyone born since the 1970s” to anyone born before them. (Rudd, 1969—)

19 Likes

Love it. In all seriousness, Paul Rudd does remain the quintessential “young person.”

10 Likes

What can I say? He’s delightful!

10 Likes

snl-gen-x-2

13 Likes

Yeah, that one is a bit annoying. There are grandparents out there that belong to the millennial generation (if we use the Pew starting point of 1981 someone who had a child at eighteen who in turn had a child at eighteen would now be a grandparent with a three year old grandchild. That’s not an unrealistic scenario).

1 Like

artworks-000106767409-7acfgo-t500x500

6 Likes

Them boomers gonna boom…

(Just one more way that Boomers are out of touch with reality.)

Am I the only one who found it odd he didn’t wear a mask the entire time until the very end for the thrown on Hot Ones piece? I feel like seeing him in a mask throughout the entire video would send more of a message than all the words he said about wearing a mask while maskless.

1 Like

I didn’t have a problem with him not wearing a mask but I did think the bit at the end kinda mocks the idea of wearing one, somewhat undoing the message.

2 Likes

Insert Rainier Wolfcastle gif here.

sorry, he ain’t no boomer. try again, kid.

1 Like

10 Likes

I think that was the joke. Identifying a gen xer as a boomer in the same dismissive way they identify gen zers as millennials
At least that’s how I understood the comment.

4 Likes

snl-gen-x

8 Likes

Considering most establishment politicians are Gen X these days I’m afraid you’re going to have to take more collective blame than the sidelines afford…

3 Likes

Are they, though? The democratic and republican leadership sure aren’t Gen X and the up and comers are millennials.

[ETA] Scratch that, we do have a good deal of gen X republicans… not as many democrats:

I’d also agree that Obama was technically a Boomer, but was more inline culturally with gen X.

6 Likes

Granny at 36? Pfft . . . slacker. cf. Rifca Stanescu.

So many people here completely missing the joke.

Anyway, this is really funny, but it’s worth mentioning that you can’t completely frame the spread of covid among young people as an issue of personal responsibility. They are often thrust into high-risk situations through no fault of their own (school, working retail and food service jobs, etc.) Sure, there are examples of young people taking unnecessary risks, but that’s true of boomers too (see Sturgis and Trump Rallies).

4 Likes

this may be. sorry, as an X-er, i’m twitchy when we get lumped in with boomers. (probably the same as when millennials get lumped in with Gen Z, and vice-versa, lol)

5 Likes