This is a generic Millennial ad

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/08/30/this-is-a-generic-millennial-a.html

5 Likes

THREE MINUTES ? Way too long for a millenial.

22 Likes

i was born in 1981, which my wife insists makes me a millennial, but i can’t relate to any of this. seems more like a social class than a generation.

7 Likes

Millennials are all beautiful.

Hey millennials, wearing a VR headset outside is just wrong.

4 Likes

I don’t know what they’ll try to sell me but I wholeheartedly believe any company using this understands my identity at a deep and profound level and am willing to support them by exchanging my avocado toast for goods and services

12 Likes

Here’s an interesting take on Millennial ads.

13 Likes

pfft. I was into this ad way before anyone else.

13 Likes

I enjoyed this ad…but only ironically.

10 Likes

Mahk is fantastic. I love the Malibu commercial.

That’s right on the edge of GenX and millennial, IMO. I was born in '66 which is very early X.

1 Like

I was born in 1980. We now get the distinct honor of being a “micro-generation” labeled “Xennials” by people who care about such things. So congrats on not being a Gen-Xer. From Mashable.

4 Likes

What’s a Millennial? Asked the old codger…

2 Likes

i did grow up thinking i was a young gen-xer, but that was before millennial was a thing. millennialism, however…

2 Likes

Huh, interesting. I remember when they were called ‘Generation Y’.

2 Likes

[Generic comment by boomer1)]

1) For European values of “boomer”.

2 Likes

My favorite term used to be:

But then I read recently that in Hungary, they use the term “Ducktales generation”. That’s savory, that is.

6 Likes

As a kid born in the 80’s and in middle school when ‘VR’ was a buzzword? Total agreement. Dude you look like some sort of proto gargyle from snow crash.

1 Like

I think you’re whatever generation that you most relate to. As a late 1980’s college student working shitty temp jobs and graduating into a recession I felt like the poster boy for a Douglas Coupland novel.

Is there a Generic Baby Boomer ad - you know, one that isn’t specifically selling Harley Davidsons?

4 Likes
10 Likes

Are we using SI units or Imperial?