Charcuterie Chalets are like gingerbread houses but with meat, cheese, and other savory bits

Originally published at: Charcuterie Chalets are like gingerbread houses but with meat, cheese, and other savory bits | Boing Boing

6 Likes

a food experience designer

I am sure there is a special place for these people on Ark B.

12 Likes

“They’re made of meat!”

10 Likes

Someone’s gotta feed the telephone sanitizers :wink:

10 Likes

My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we’d make meat helmets houses.

13 Likes

Of all of the little pigs houses this was the most disturbing. And the easiest for the wolf to get into

18 Likes

ezgif.com-add-text (3)

4 Likes

I nominate you as the winner of today’s internet. Well played!

10 Likes

28 Likes

A fantastic appetizer before our Meatcake main dish!

5 Likes

The whole thing with gingerbread houses is they’re made of things that are still edible after being on display for weeks (albeit crispier than when you started). With this… not so much. I’d be surprised if it didn’t start to smell after a while, in fact… it’s definitely the kind of thing that only goes on display for a matter of a few hours at most, especially if you actually plan to eat any of it.

4 Likes

Your local food handling rules probably say 4 hours including the time to make it

3 Likes

Now you’re talkin’.

6 Likes

Can’t see it lasting that long among us.

6 Likes

Being in the Northeast I could just set up a table and make it outside. By next month the biggest problem would likely be keeping things from freezing, but everything would stay in the safe temperature zone. You could even take your time with it. Chalet? Ha! Bring out the meat mansion!

5 Likes
4 Likes

I’m a simple man. A charcuterie re-purposed storage container is okay for me.

2 Likes

But by the time he did, he wasn’t hungry anymore.

Think About It GIF by Identity

9 Likes

That is actually the canon “thought of it 10 minutes after I posted” moral of the story! Complicated by the charcuterie being his siblings

4 Likes

… my cat says he’ll take care of it :smile_cat:

6 Likes