This massive holiday Gingerbread Castle is incredible (and edible)

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/12/12/this-massive-holiday-gingerbre.html

3 Likes

One can hardly question the artistry, but every time I hear of something like this, my thought is: how can anyone bear to consume something like that? Bring it to a party and people will just stand around awkwardly thinking, “Nah, I’ll let someone else go first.” Then it just keeps sitting around until it gets stale, says I.

A proposal: if a centerpiece like this is going to made, make it destructible in a meaningful way. Hang a giant sword of Damocles over it (made from leftover hardened fondant, perhaps?) and let it fly when it’s time for dessert. Memento mori. Just the thing for the holidays.

11 Likes

I’d take pictures and dig in, actually. After enough mulled wine, of course![quote=“Jorpho, post:2, topic:91039”]
Hang a giant sword of Damocles over it (made from leftover hardened fondant, perhaps?) and let it fly when it’s time for dessert.
[/quote]

I love this idea, actually! Bravo!

10 Likes

That’s a great idea. Make an event of it. Mobs of gingerbread villagers with pitchforks, cauldrons of heavy cream for castle defences, some carefully placed flaming brandy as the villagers sack the conspicuous wealth of the evil baron and distribute it among the needy and hungry guests…

10 Likes

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; or close the wall up with our gumdrop dead!

I do feel the need to lodge a complaint about that one flying buttress hanging off into space. That’s not how architecture works!

7 Likes

Wait. Santa will behead you? I thought being stuffed in a sack by six to eight black men and the former archbishop of Turkey then kicked and taken back to Spain was harsh.

3 Likes

Sons of Ginger, of Bread, my brothers, I see in your sugar candy eyes the same fear that would take the gumdrop heart of me! A day may come, when the courage of gingerbread men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all icing bonds of Fellowship, but it is not this day!

11 Likes

Not the lights? Boo.

Next time, use OLEDs.

Organic=Edible, right?

6 Likes

The artist is also edible.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.