General Winter Holiday Thread!

We already have a gift recommendation thread and a food thread, so here is a general thread for other topics related to the winter holidays…

10 Likes

For everyone’s listening pleasure!

11 Likes

20 Likes

The McElroys are doing their annual Candlenights liveshow, celebrating this well known and totally not made up winter holiday. It’s streamable, inexpensive and a lot of fun. The ongoing Hallmark Christmas movie parody “A Medicine Call Christmas” alone is worth the price of entry.

Best of all, all the money goes to support Harmony House, a local Huntington, WV homelessness center. Good fun, good cause

7 Likes

6 Likes

from

22 Likes

15 Likes

star trek spock GIF

12 Likes

General Winter hasn’t got time for holidays right now.

5 Likes

Snow Hello GIF by Ariana Grande

8 Likes

:+1:

6 Likes

A few virtual holiday excursions from London:

7 Likes

The Satanic Temple of Illinois has the right to build a holiday display in Springfield. Members say it’s about religious freedom.

13 Likes

10 Likes

It’s only partially seasonal, but we just visited this outstanding Chinese lantern festival at the Nashville zoo:

I love the detail of the undercarriage here. Also note the name, perhaps altered to not run afoul of Warner Bros’ copyright attorneys.

23 Likes

That looks beautiful!

(Though, not to kink shame, but am I the only one who noticed that stag in the first photo seemed to be somewhat “otherly engaged…?”)

6 Likes

pretending to be a flatulent unicorn?

8 Likes
8 Likes

TIL:

I’ve never been a Carrie Underwood fan, and the little bit of trivia at the end of the thread gives me yet another reason to feel that way.

If you choose to sing the third verse but change the words to hide what it’s really about, you’ve outed yourself as a proud racist.

11 Likes

I can’t unsee it! :deer::crescent_moon:

6 Likes