General Winter Holiday Thread!

Maybe Kyle could straighten her out.

I was poking around YouTube looking for the third verse, there are a lot of different lyrics once the third verse comes around but here are a few that get it right.

6 Likes
8 Likes
2 Likes

21 Likes

Awww, poor kitty!
Where’s the holiday spirit?

7 Likes

Well, okay then.

19 Likes

In the last couple years I’m always looking for holiday stuff that doesn’t involve contact with people because my wife really likes all the Christmas decorations. I found a list with a whole bunch of Christmas displays like you see on those holiday light competitions on tv.

I made a list but Google maps doesn’t make a route based on a route, you have to rearrange them manually to find a loop that makes sense.

Enter RouteXL it allows you to enter a bunch of addresses and a start and stop point, it then creates a loop that you can import into Google maps.

My loop was 132 miles and about 4 hours that included stopping and watching the displays. We camp so I threw the porta potty in the back of the mini van and off we went.

Last night we met our daughter and husband at the place in the news story below. It’s a mile walk in a very decorated woods with all kinds of electronics and giant touch screens for the kids.

A little video of just a couple of the 10 houses we visited. One of them had a really awesome photo booth that emailed the photo for free and the last one was a church set up like a drive in. They all broadcast the music on an FM station so you can hear the music in your car.

7 Likes

from

21 Likes

This is kind of holiday related and an excuse to brag about my neck of the woods and hometown.

3 Likes
7 Likes

https://archive.ph/JDYQ2

Glad that I can still stream it in exile.

2 Likes

Hanukkah begins tonight! For those celebrating, I hope it’s happy!

Here is a story of defiance in the face of hate…

14 Likes

14 Likes

11 Likes

Trying to understand the perspective:

• Is it really as large as the Brandenburg Tor?
  • Is the base (behind the plaque) very close to the actual pillars?
  • Is that a new permanent plaque or something set up specifically for the menorah?
5 Likes
13 Likes

from

24 Likes

14 Likes

That looks delicious! What kind of cake is it?

6 Likes

Almond dark chocolate Bundt cake. Not my creation. It looked so good I had to get a photo before it was cut.

14 Likes