Chart of women registering to vote after Supreme Court reversed Roe v. Wade spells trouble for GOP

Try suggesting that those liberal or progressive people who didn’t bother to vote should run for the school board and see what response you get.

Men told us over and over again the GOP was just using a dividing tactic, and that Roe would NEVER get over turned… This is men across the political spectrum, outside of the hardcore republicans who were hell-bent on getting it over turned… So, as usually, women were constantly being condescended to and gaslit about the political landscape… We’re constantly being beat over the head with this misogynistic bullshit - by both the right AND the left. Men who supposedly had our backs, decided that because their guy did not get the nomination in 2016, that it was fine to not vote for the person who at the very least would have protected the right to reproductive care.

People don’t vote because of decades of shit not getting done, even when we vote for it, coupled with years of the electorate being told that government is the problem not the solution. Couple that with the rise of cable news (which was not really covered by the fairness doctrine, which was ended anyway), and then with the rise of social media super-charged the divisions in our systems.

4 Likes

I weep for my country when I see the turnout figures here.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.