Check out "Forever Wars," a new newsletter that reimagines national security reporting

Originally published at: Check out "Forever Wars," a new newsletter that reimagines national security reporting | Boing Boing

1 Like

I always find it interesting when someone with experience and access revises a journalistic beat that’s been mired in recieved truths and deferral to power or money. I hope he succeeds in this project.

4 Likes

In short, the terrorists won.

4 Likes

So did the Military-industrial-complex… much like in the Cold War, the aims of the rivals were mutually constitutive (did I spell that right? I think I did…?)

It kind of amazes me how much of our modern intellectual class have some sort of punk background… :thinking:

8 Likes

The terrorists didn’t win. They just achieved their mid-to-long-term policy goals.

3 Likes

My inclination is that it has deeper roots than the 9/11 era. I’ve seen Ronald Reagan’s changes to the FCC, including eliminating the fairness doctrine and weakening the equal time rule highlighted as the beginning of the end of modern democracy. This directly led to Rush Limbaugh, G. Gordon, Fox News, and so forth. Still planning to take a good look at the book though.

1 Like

And they couldn’t have done it without us!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.