Check out the gameplay for Gotham Knights

Originally published at: Check out the gameplay for Gotham Knights | Boing Boing

Are those the same late 90s and early 2000s that also had terrible Batman movies? I don’t think it’s fair to make such broad pronouncements about the quality of Batman video games based on that time period. Because Batman 1989 for the NES was a rocker.

2 Likes

Au Contraire: In Arkham City there’s a portion of the main storyline where you play as Catwoman and the challenge missions can be played as Nightwing and Robin. Then there’s a DLC storyline you play as Robin. Arkham Knight likewise has DLC with side missions that have you playing as Batgirl, Red Hood, Harley Quinn, Nightwing, Robin, and Catwoman.

1 Like

There’s also DLC for Arkham Asylum that lets you play the challenge maps as the Joker.

1 Like

Ooof. “Now he has magic powers and can jump around in the air” indicates this is very much not an “Arkham” game and very much… something else. (The loot and upgrade systems they’re using are also generically game-y.) They’ve got the look, but the gameplay is very much its own thing, and if you liked the Arkham games, I’m afriad that doesn’t indicate anything about how you’ll feel about this one.

This doesn’t really interest me, much as I love the hell out of the previous Arkham games (give or take Arkham Knight). The upcoming Suicide Squad game is being promoted as the actual successor to the Arkham games tho, at it looks like it’ll be a blast.

1 Like
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.