Check out this amazing brisket deep-fried in Wagyu fat

Originally published at: Check out this amazing brisket deep-fried in Wagyu fat | Boing Boing

“Arteries? Where we’re going we don’t need arteries.”

13 Likes

Does anyone remember who, for years, had the best frys, and why?
McDonalds. Because they were fried in tallow. Beef fat.

Check out THE BIG FAT SURPRISE: Why Butter, Meat & Cheese Belong in a Healthy Diet by Nina Teicholz for rational information about animal fats in out diet. It’s a long and not very entertaining book, but I’m betting you learn a lot.

3 Likes

Damn, I can almost taste the cholesterol from here!

2 Likes

Video link for the BBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7J4o4rtt68

2 Likes

Haven’t watched it yet, but will. In the meantime, I’d like to speculate that they never touch on the irrelevance of Wagyu fat versus any other tallow. I mean, what makes Wagyu special is the fat within the muscle tissues - that beautiful marbling. Once the fat is out of the muscle, it’s just like any other beef fat.

Right?

6 Likes

According to the almost-certainly-not-a-vested-interest-website wagyushop.com:

Wagyu beef is extremely rich in monounsaturated fatty acids and contains all of the essential amino acids, including omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. Essential fatty acids such as these are believed to lower risk of cardiovascular disease, cancer, Alzheimer’s and other conditions. The richly marbled beef also contains more conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), which is believed to have health benefits such as lowered risk of disease and diabetes.

Sounds like a miracle food!

2 Likes

it is an insult to brisket

3 Likes

see (hear?) also Revisionist history, S2 E10

1 Like

So Guga starts deep-frying in the oil at 330 F + and then moves to 450 F + but with only one workpiece and not mercilessly trimmed.

Where are the subsequent 20 pieces? Everything’s up to temp… Only veg. from then on?

Yeah, I don’t get the same results looking for dankest chickpeas.

I hope you’re happy. I gained a good 5kg just watching that video.

2 Likes

The best fish and chip shops here in Britain still use beef fat. Unbelievable flavour.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, in the US, we had Dr Ansel Keys:

so we lost frying in animal fats

I see your basement tapes and raise you the story af Dr Ansel Keys:

1 Like

Check out this akazing brisket deep-fried in Wagyu fat

I shan’t but thank you for thinking of me

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.