Chelsea Manning to go free!

Of course he’s going to weasel out of it. Before anything else, Assange does what’s best for Assange.

7 Likes

We live in a nothing’s too crackpot world now.

There’s chemtrails in my coffee!

13 Likes

I heat my coffee with pre-chambered thermite. It tastes a bit gritty, but it really gets the job done!

5 Likes

Good things can still happen!

3 Likes

Ryan clutches his pearls and cries “…those who compromise our national security won’t be held accountable for their crimes”

Does someone who’s locked up in a military brig and subjected to cruel and unusual punishment for 7+ years become accounted for some time after a decade? 20 years? 30 years?

10 Likes

Rolling coffee coal?

2 Likes

He already turned himself over to Putin. So, now he will turn himself over to Trump?

5 Likes

No, I’m saying that Snowden got protections from the Russians because it pissed the US off. If Putin really does have a relationship with Trump, then expelling snowden would be an example of that.

5 Likes

OMG OMG OMG! Yay!

now can we FINALLY get a different/better pict of her? Please! A grainy black and white selfie while driving is the only image we’ve had of her for what, 3+ years.

3 Likes

I know China is our lender, but when did Russia become our “adversary”? Putin is Trump’s friend, right?

Caring billionaires could reward whistleblowers by allowing them to live on their beautiful private islands outside the reach of governments.

4 Likes

Well, truthfully that is only part of what she did. While I am glad to see that her inhumane treatment will end, I am under no illusion that she is completely innocent of any crime. SOME of what she released revealed evidence of wrongdoing. MOST did not. She did go too far. I’d rather she spent the full sentence in prison, being treated well and being given the treatment she needs.

She has guts, I couldn’t have done the same. But yes, it is good news that she will not be living under her current conditions. I am glad of that.

Remind me again how many years David Petraeus got?

34 Likes

It’s almost like there was a charming and manipulative third person involved, one whose ethics might be suspect…

2 Likes

Assange or Lamo?

3 Likes

She has guts, I couldn’t have done the same.

How about let’s not lock people up for decades for doing things we claim to admire?

18 Likes

Two separate things happened. One good, one bad. Neither erases the other. But being treated as less than human is not acceptable, so I’m glad she will be free from that.

I don’t think that’s the point, the point is even people who would see her rot in jail forever can at least feel some relief that their tax dollars aren’t going to help pay for any of this. The truth of the matter is irrelevant if they can feel like they won even a small victory (In their minds)

1 Like

Not like there’s a wealth of photos to choose from. AFAIK, this is the only recent photo of her.

3 Likes