Chicago driver goes full Blues Brothers, plows through suburban mall

Well, I thought the narration was excellent. I think all action movies should dispense with dialogue and just have a voice-over repeating, “What the fu-u-u-u-uck…

Studios would save a bundle on screenplays, too.

I just got a huge run of this comic in a quarter bin a few months ago. Still need to dig into it. But I know I am going to like the whole 80s coked up slant on a future corporate dystopia.

2 Likes

Schaumburg has its own mini-skyline…certainly not Chicago.

With that said? Had this happened 20 years ago, the mall would’ve been full. I guess a positive result from the decay of mall-life?

1 Like

Is this supposed to be funny? It isn’t funny.

According to the American Automobile Association the only way to stop a bad guy with a car is a good guy with a car. The property damage would not have occurred without the Mall’s foolish and counterproductive no vehicles policy.

3 Likes

“Fix the cigarette lighter.”

4 Likes

He didn’t know that Auntie Anne’s Pretzels had moved.

They broke my watch

4 Likes

German for “foam castle”

I’ve had this conversation with people in the Northeast many times:

Them: Where are you from?
Me: Just outside Chicago.
Them: Like, an apartment on Michigan Avenue? Did you have a good view of the Lake?
Me: No, actually I was about forty miles from the Lake.
Them: Okay, then, you’re from Southern Illinois? Like, closer to Saint Louis?
Me: >___<

7 Likes

Not really.

Eigentlich nicht.

Right you are. The founders of Schaumburg IL came from Schaumburg, Niedersachsen, which was originally named Schauenburg but got corrupted over time. I just never cared to investigate, as I never thought of Schaumburg IL except as the home of the increasingly dodgy Woodfield Mall, bland faceless office buildings, and I believe they have an IKEA there or something. Besides, I think “foam castle” is funnier.

And don’t get me started on Darmstadt…

4 Likes

If Schaumburg doesn’t mean foam castle why is there a Medieval Times there? :wink:

5 Likes

Darmstadt-Wixhausen, cough.

Intestine city jerkoff houses?

1 Like

Hausen is a Type of settlement. Hence Duckburg -> entenhausen by very able, though transformative, German translator for duck and mouse comics.

Jerkoff settlement isn’t much better though. I’d argue that it’s worse.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.