Chicago Police seek surveillance cams to ID attackers, 'MAGA' claims were true

In before anyone claiming it was a false flag operation. My theory is that that Mr. Smollett was indeed a false flag himself. Look closely at the pictures and you can clearly see a straight white male masquerading as a gay black man, just to attract and reveal the fakery of the many liberal false flag operations. Turtles all the way down I tells ya.

I’m off to doctor something in MS paint that will prove this once and for all.

3 Likes

No but they might to identify the racists.

Couple things going on. They need to maintain the fiction that they’re totally not racists that’s a liberal smear that’s so much worse than racism. The position that calling the asshole an asshole is worse than being an asshole.

But they’re also desperately afraid of the backlash on this shit. Whenever it boils over into actual violence, and it doesn’t magically lead to “everyone” joining in and celebrating. They scatter like fucking cock roaches. We saw that after Charlottesville. The big racist rally where participants were openly threatening and fantasizing about violence. Was suddenly totally not a violent or racist event. Once one of the violent racists killed some one. And they were all out numbered by critics and counter protestors.

It’s the dissonance between their fantasy of massive support for their ideas, and kicking off a race war or popular uprising. And the real world back lash to their ideas and actions.

I was recently listening to a pod cast about the Nazis and Mengele. And the hosts kept coming down to the question of why the Nazis worked so hard to hide the nitty gritty of the Holocaust from the public. Given that they didn’t just think that shit was necessary, they truly believed it was a good thing.

And that’s pretty simple. They knew others disagreed, and feared consequences. And were concerned about the extremity turning off their own citizens.

7 Likes

Here’s an interesting article about the NYPD Hate Crime Task Force. Not that your statement isn’t true.

1 Like

Oh, they know it’s true. The cognitive dissonance comes from knowing that racism, misogyny and other forms of discrimination are horrible, unchristian and unamerican and therefore rightfully looked down upon by society, so they try to distance themselves from it, but not because they have grown or changed, but because it’s uncomfortable to be called out.

6 Likes

It sadly doesn’t matter what Smollett says, at least to people who have a vested interest in the attack being fake. They’ll dig up some innocuous “lie” that he told some time in the last few years, and point to that as proof that he’s lying now. Just like morons all over the internet are doing with Nathan Philips. I mean, it’s good that the MAGA accusation is now definitively Smollett, and not just the media, but that’s not much better. At least not to rabid Trumplings.

3 Likes

I’ve seen someone trying to argue that the “MAGA country” thing can’t be true, because it’s Chicago which is obviously a liberal stronghold, so the attackers would be more afraid of revealing themselves as Trump supporters than of getting caught committing a vicious hate crime. Or something along those lines, the guy wasn’t particularly coherent.

9 Likes

Yeah dude. Chitown is most definitely not MAGA country.

Unless your worldview is that the whole US is said MAGA country.

ETA: But there is no particular risk in revealing yourself to be a Trump supporter. That is crazy talk.

17 Likes

Of course, but the kind of people who support discriminatory and segregated ethnostates in 2019 are the kind of people who not only don’t believe survivors but victim-blame them.

11 Likes

I mean, the man transported himself to the hospital after being attacked in what looks like an attempted lynching; he showed up to the ER with the damn rope still around his neck… but “he should have reported it sooner.”

⊙_ʘ

Damn, if that doesn’t sound like the same shit rape apologists and enablers say.

19 Likes

They’re also calling into question going out for a sandwich at 2AM during the polar vortex. Like that’s way more unbelievable than someone shouting about MAGA in Chicago.

6 Likes

When this happened it wasn’t that bad yet. Normal crappy winter weather.

And even so, going out for a sandwich at 2am in a city that never sleeps is not weird. I did it plenty when I lived downtown.

8 Likes

They believe survivors. They just have an active interest in muddying the waters and dismissing victims.

Because they believe what has been done to them is just fine. But are fearful of admitting that in public.

To be a little looser, or maybe more specific? I dunno.

I first saw that Chicago is not MAGA country thing as a criticism of the attackers. People pointing out that Chicago is sure as shit not MAGA country, and that the right still believes it to be a corrupt liberal hellscape that spawned OBAMA.

So like the “didn’t say MAGA” thing. Which came from police pointing out that they couldn’t confirm that, before they could and did confirm that.

Seems to be assholes jumping on minor, normal details. And flipping the left’s response to create plausible deniability. In a couple weeks they’ll go full conspiracy theory and push the idea that this will be an ms13 hit squad hired by antifa to be the real fascist emails. Or Smollet will be the central figure in a left wing pedo circle and these goons will be heroes who took the left wing real Hitlers to task.

5 Likes

Chicago might not be MAGA country, but it’s filled with tourists (including from a lot of very red suburbs). Considering where the attack took place, in a cluster of hotels, it’s completely possible that the attackers weren’t locals at all.

By the way, that little area of downtown Chicago is so confusing – not least because it extends 4 levels deep (maybe more? can’t remember) of roads and ramps (including access to the parking garages for all of the hotels) below ‘street level’ – that most locals get lost trying to navigate it. It’s completely understandable that a tourist would end up going the wrong way at some point, trying to get back to their hotel there.

8 Likes

The great thing about conspiracy theories is that people are happy to hold directly contradictory ones.

Trump complained that Chicago elections were rigged to hide the secret masses of MAGA hatters who wanted to vote for him there.

Now people are implying that there couldn’t even be two Trump supporters in the region.

It’s pretty clear there are at least two at this point.

11 Likes

Given the details of the assault, ski masks, knew who Smollett was on sight (I’m sure Empire is HUGE among white supremacists), had a rope ready to go. It’s pretty obvious that this was premeditated. Plus Smollett had apparently been receiving death threats including some referencing MAGA (as the return address I believe). And several with language that matched what was apparently yelled during the attack.

The “Chicago doesn’t even have Trumpists” line is especially stupid given there’s no indication that these thugs are from, or have to be from Chicago. Cars exist after all.

4 Likes

Nathan Philips is a plaza, your argument is invalid! /s

1 Like

wow. so us smug anti-Trump folks already know exactly what happens to the point that facts are irrelevant? I’m as anti-Trump as anyone but seems like rushing to judgment and making statements like “MAGA claims were true” on the basis of secondhand reports of a single police interview with Mr. Smollett is rash. I’m sure we will know more soon one way or another given the location of the attack and likelihood of many cameras in the area.

1 Like

You missed my point. The relevant facts are not what Smollett’s attackers said, the relevant facts are what they did.

“Make America Great Again” is the motto of a racist political movement that has emboldened bigots and white nationalists across the US. The people that attacked Jussie Smollett shouted racial and homophobic slurs, beat him, poured bleach on him, and put a rope around his neck. In my opinion, those racist acts implicitly align them with Donald Trump’s racist America First ideology. Whether or not Smollett’s attackers explicitly aligned themselves with Donald Trump by shouting “MAGA country” seems inconsequential to me.

How is it “rushing to judgement” or “rash” to say, based on what was done to him, that Jussie Smollett is the victim of a hate crime? Why on earth would we need to see the film before we make that call? Or are you suggesting that his account of the crime is unreliable without documentary evidence?

Edited for clarity.

14 Likes

I confess to being confused. The victim told the police this is what was said. As far as we know, no one else witnessed the attack. The perpetrators are still at large. So we should not believe the word of the victim because we are waiting for a white man to confirm it? No. Just no.

19 Likes