Jussie Smollett charged with filing false police report

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/21/jussie-smollett-charged-with-f.html

4 Likes

Idk, I’m holding out it was the deep state.

3 Likes

jon-rhys-meyers-facepalm

44 Likes

So many thoughts. “What the hell was he thinking” “How much damage will this do to actual hate crime prosecutions” “Can you stop this ride, i want to get off now.” This would be a great place for a FUUUUUUCK meme, but i dont know how to do that.

ETA: Actually, @Mindysan33 s is better and reflects my mood more, fuck will come later.

41 Likes

Great. The alt-right haven’t had a good “see, the [women/minorities/LGBT people] are just making these attacks up!” story this juicy since the Duke Lacrosse Team ordeal of 2006.

47 Likes

39 Likes

Just saw on his twitter he is releasing a new album in March.

Publicity stunt…

4 Likes

Christ what an asshole

23 Likes

Saw a report that it was an effort to get an increase in his salary. Either way, unbelievably stupid. Just un fucking believable. :triumph:

8 Likes

It seemed too pat, but then everything these days seems to be a grotesque parody of itself, so I couldn’t be sure.

23 Likes

23 Likes

Ugh, really?

worf-facepalm

29 Likes

The damage this does to stopping real hate crimes, to civil rights, to the political landscape, and not least of all the kick in the teeth to all the actual victims of hate crimes is literally incalculable. In one cynical unforgivable act of staggeringly selfishness deceit he’s done about as much as he possibly could to harm society. I’m so furious I’m numb with despair. It’s no exaggeration to say this is why it’s so difficult to have faith in humanity.

56 Likes

Selfish, thoughtless asshole.

The right wing trolls and pundits are going to dote over this deception for years.

25 Likes

One of the first warning signs that he might have made this up was when he said his attackers said something to the effect of “it’s that Empire n*****!” I mean, how many “MAGA-country” white supremacists watch Empire?

33 Likes

There are soulless opportunists on both sides. We put ours in prison, they put theirs in the White House. Not that it’s a winning strategy or anything, but if we do win, our world will be a better place.

13 Likes

They already started though

12 Likes

Well they better write him off now even if they were not planning it before.

6 Likes

This is true, in the long run. But shit like this pushes that finish line a hell of a lot further back and harder to reach than it was. I am just pissed right now to the point of not thinking much past the horrible effect in the right fucking now.

11 Likes

For the Devil, evil is working for his own side. For a Judas like Smollett it’s serving the Devil.

May Jussie Smollett’s wretched career sink into a black hole and his name never be heard again.

8 Likes