Children are major carriers of Coronavirus, say researchers

It’s a slight modification of a Star Trek term:

13 Likes

Oh, I remember “ugly bags of mostly water.”

But that harsh criticism was coming from a different, more advanced species.

Saying it about one’s own species even in jest hints at a lack of esteem for others.

If babies weren’t cute and ‘in our own image,’ I imagine it would make a huge difference in how we value them and work so diligently to keep them alive.

15 Likes

FTFY

Children are major carriers of Coronavirus all germs known to man, say researchers parents

12 Likes

And yet, we still keep making more of them anyway.

:slight_smile:

19 Likes

“I have worked so hard to childproof my home.
They keep getting back in anyway!”

Ba-dump-bump

27 Likes

And they start out as parasites for the first nine months.

6 Likes

For weeks now we’ve been telling my new-mom niece NOT to let children into her house… and we still get “lockdown” pics of her with her baby AND with her husband’s 7-year old niece. To protect my niece and the baby, her husband takes the time to immediately strip down and shower every time he returns from work — which is great — and yet!!!

12 Likes

That is a fantastic word. We call ours a walking petri dish but fomite sounds better.

12 Likes

My experience was that as soon as my kids were old enough to attend school, my whole family got sick over and over again as they dragged all kinds of wonderful new viruses home. So when I started hearing that maybe kids weren’t a vector for coronavirus, it sounded kind of dumb. Like the sort of virology an economist might come up with…

25 Likes

The local district was considering plans for a part-time onsite curriculum in the fall. The state department of health told them, “do that, and you WILL be killing teachers.” The district changed their plan immediately to online-only.

12 Likes

Perhaps the times require that we create a word meaning “toddling/skipping/gamboling vectors of mass biological destruction”.

8 Likes

Shut all the windows, and hang wreaths of broccoli on all outer doors. :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

See: Betsy DeVos et al.

14 Likes

Why do these Christ-what-an-assholes hate Americans so much?

4 Likes

Truth. The last 4 months have been completely cold, flu, infection, and stomach bug free. The previous year and a half since the sprog started daycare? Non-stop illness. Pretty much the same one over and over.

6 Likes

I was just in Target and saw parents perusing the back to school section with their school shopping list. Totally expected, but eerie,

There’s no chance we’re sending our kids back to die or be vectors. None. Homeschooling, here we come!

16 Likes

Classes resume here on August 10th, ONLINE only.

Thank fuck for living in California.

20 Likes

My little girl is a beautiful bag of pathogens.

14 Likes

Online or in person they still need pens and notebooks.

10 Likes

Most elementary schools struggle just to keep lice under control. It seems like it should be a no-brainer that kids would be even more efficient at spreading a highly transmissible virus like Covid-19.

22 Likes