China's "citizen scores" used to blacklist 6.7m people from using high-speed rail or flying

Is it bad my first thought was ‘grapes cluster together while tomatoes break the plant they grow from without constant outside support’?

4 Likes

A tech startup already tried this with a mobile app a couple years back.

7 Likes

Now with added social media layer.

7 Likes

The PRC instituted much, much more severe versions of the same idea in living memory (see Robert Jay Lifton’s Thought Reform and the Psychology of Totalism), so you could argue that while China remains somewhat more oppressive than Western countries, the directions of travel are diametrically opposed.

3 Likes

Hey, but at the end didn’t she just end up finding the real her?

I wonder what Trump’s rating would be? Surely they must take into account telling lies in public, abusing people on social media, sexual assault, and of course comb-overs…

2 Likes

Social media assassination by hacking someone’s Sesame score down.

When they try to report it to the police, no one will listen to such a low score person.

1 Like

Shitty as it is, at the moment the PRC looks better than the alternatives. In a hypothetical conflict between China and the looming US/Russia alliance, I’m on team China.

There are a lot worse places to live.

1 Like

USA is way ahead of China in this regard.

You do not pay child support, they revoke your driving license, or other license that you need to do your job. http://www.ncsl.org/research/human-services/license-restrictions-for-failure-to-pay-child-support.aspx

Revoking a driver license in USA is much higher penalty than being denied a flight or high-speed train access in China.

1 Like

So… whuffie?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.