Christian Conservatives kill the 666 bus that goes to Hel in Poland

Aww! It’s a cute caterpillar or doodlebug!

2 Likes

Why do local governments, administrations, school boards, etc keep caving to ridiculous demands from tiny angry fringe conservative groups like this? They took away actual tourist dollars from the region for… what? The feefees of a small group of idiots? How do these people punch above their weight so consistently?

7 Likes

The current Polish government is run by conservative Catholic nationalists. The Catholic church is still very influential, as it used to be in Ireland and Spain, because it was a bulwark of opposition during Communist rule.

7 Likes

I used to wear this shirt at least once a week about a real road in Texas. In Kansas, as you can imagine, it was not a popular shirt to show off.

3 Likes

I’m not a Religiosity scientist, but isn’t the 666 bus going to Hel highly appropriate, biblically speaking?

1 Like

I think they missed a trick by not renumbering the bus 616.

Anyway, fuck conservatives. :wink:

3 Likes

@cepheus42 already pointed that out, so I’ll quote my reply.

3 Likes

Oh, I missed that. Loved the video, missed the quote.

So, to you and @cepheus42 -

3 Likes

Which the right doesn’t have. Zilch humor. The only things they seem to think are funny are when they spout vicious, hateful things at people. So much fun, that.

4 Likes

Britain still has theirs

Officially, a short length from the A666(M) motorway and bypassing Farnworth to central Bolton is called St. Peter’s Way.

Edit:

4 Likes

Presenting the concept of ‘eternal damnation’ by an [allegedly] loving god as having basis in reality is world-class fear mongering.
No need to look very far to figure out where tyrants get their tactics.
Or their worshippers.

Is the road the bus used to travel on paved with good intentions?

6 Likes

with hints of orange and chocolate notes.

Four corks, would drink again.

3 Likes

The souls on the bus go
AAAAAHHHHHH!!!

That’s it. That’s the song.

1 Like

I was reading something else about Poland just now that answered my question. I didn’t realize this and maybe others here did not as well. It’s important context to this story.

Poland has been sliding under the thumb of fascism, like so many other countries in the world right now. They have a very right wing government at the moment. Their government is so severe that NATO is concerned about what they might do that might suck the organization into a stupid conflict due to the NATO treaty obligations.

So that’s why they’re doing stupid religious conservative stuff like this.

3 Likes

PiS, the ruling party, is staunchly anti-Russian and is helping Ukraine on an “if we don’t we’ll be next” basis, but there are pro-Russian individuals inside the tent because Russia has spent years cultivating conservative Catholics in Poland.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.