Christian salt, a wingnut alternative to Kosher salt

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2009/03/03/christian-salt-a-wig.html

1 Like

Your link is not what you think it is. Not certain what axs.com is, but seems to be an entertainment venue?

Cult of Done Manifesto:
Point 3: There is no editing stage.
Point 10: Failure counts as done. So do mistakes.
:wink:

4 Likes

Agnostic salt, for when you’re not sure if it needs salt or not.

13 Likes

Atheists should avoid religious salt altogether, for fear of what it may do to their blood pressure.

9 Likes

If you are concerned that an ingredient in your food may have been blessed by a Jewish rabbi, you just might be racist. If you are going to use this concern to stoke this same worry in other racists, you have entered a new realm of racism.

8 Likes

I don’t believe in salt.

9 Likes

I’d agree about the anti-Semitism, but as always someone will show up here to play semantic games to show we cannot know whether this arsehole is truly an anti-Semite.

Also: @orenwolf, please close this 2009 topic. Quickly, I’d suggest, given the subject matter.

4 Likes

“I’m not antisemitic, I just don’t want my food to be metaphysically contaminated by any of that Hebrew religion stuff.” Yeah, ok.

3 Likes

And if you think that all “kosher salt” is necessarily blessed, rather than just the name for a coarse-grained salt, you have added an extra layer of ignorance to your racism.

What’s surprising to me is that this clown persuaded an Episcopalian priest to go along with this nonsense, if he actually did.

7 Likes

Holding out for Satanic Salt.

5 Likes

Would it be kosher to season one’s food with Lot’s wife?

5 Likes

Catholic Lite salt?

3 Likes

The Flying Spaghetti Monster boiled for our sins, but as long as the water is well salted, Pastafarianism is cool with any denomination of salt.

8 Likes

Mrs. Dash: the atheist of salts.

9 Likes

It only just occurred to me that a certain segment of American consumers must get riled up every time they walk through the condiments aisle to see that pickle-pushing stork. “Why no CHRISTIAN pickle-birds??”

3 Likes

Please, let’s not dredge up that old argument about the Doctrine of Transalinization. It never ends well.

5 Likes