Christians ‘serious about their faith’ should consider getting guns, says TN politician

[Read the post]

3 Likes

That’s just great, like the nuts need encouraging.

10 Likes

My SO complained that her Facebook feed was filled with coworkers of hers who had a collective martyrdom fantasy where they all made the UCC shooting about them and their Christianity and they all confirmed that they would indeed stand up and say they were Christians and get shot in the head because they didn’t want to be like Peter and deny the name of…blah blah blah.

“Help, help, I’m being repressed!”

And now that the Christmaween season has started, the battlecry of “There’s a war on Christmas!” will be heard once again throughout our sacred halls of commerce.

17 Likes

As a church going Christian, all I can say is fuck this asshole. I’d rather get shot trying to talk a gunman down than contribute to the violence that American culture still glorifies everyday. Cowards use guns to make their point. Brave people put their lives on the line with their arms open.

29 Likes

This Christian persecution in America narrative is fucking ridiculous.

23 Likes

Dude just imagine if Jesus had a gat. He could of capped that snitch Judas and got away from the Romans man! He could of got a chariot and did a drive by on the Temple. Then he could have told his disciples which football team to like.

17 Likes

Christians vs Lions?

13 Likes

1 Corinthians 17: Paul wrote to the Corinthians that Jesus said, “Shoot first, for he who shoots first, shoots last.” Amen! /s

11 Likes

Jesus totally would have been carrying a gun all over the place while healing the sick, taking care of the poor and forgiving criminals. Don’t you remember all those hundreds of passages involving him brandishing a weapon and suggesting everyone get one too because weapons are awesome?

Oh wait, they don’t exist. Because the man was an extreme passivist. The only time even suggests getting a weapon is when he has to fulfill prophecy and he is disgusted by the idea of having two swords among his group. Which they don’t use. Because he’s a passivist. Idiots.

10 Likes

I’m rooting for the Lions :wink:

7 Likes

How else are you supposed to fill heathens with the holey spirit!

8 Likes

Which is why Real True American Christians use projectile weapons and leave knife crime to brits and foreigners.

13 Likes
10 Likes

Guy puts the ‘fist’ in ‘pacifist’. Exercise extreme caution.

4 Likes

I take your point about Jesus’ pacifism.

But I sure like the word passivist for current religious idiots too.

1 Like

It was either that or add some expletives to dumb it down.

1 Like

Totally off topic, but youtube says this video is related.

Arundhati Roy takes the piss out of Mohandas Gandhi.

2 Likes

I’ve only ever studied the Bible as an Atheist with no Christian upbringing whatsoever, but I always felt this verse was part of the eschatological nature of Jesus’s teachings. The end of days is a sword and those who can accept the gospel would be separated from those who do not as a function of faith. One thing to keep in mind when citing Matthew is that it’s a gospel that is very concerned with the divinity of Jesus, as much as his teachings. So it’s one thing for Jesus to talk ominously of divine machinations and another to express to the faithful proper morals.

As for this Governor asshole, I had to sit for a moment to distill what it was about his remarks that bothered me. Aside from shoehorning in of “the defenders of the west” (code for “fuck brown people.” Very curious to know if he thought to express himself in these terms after the shooting at the AME Church.) what it really is, is the persecution complex. The endless agonizing from Christians about how persecuted they are in this land where churches surpass Starbucks in numbers has got to stop. On occasion, as in this case, American Christians get handed the short end of the stick due to random bad luck. It’s not the same as being constantly bludgeoned with consequences for believing in Jesus.

13 Likes

Yeah, the ‘Christians’ are so persecuted here. You know, not being able to tell people what to do and how to live and all of that…

19 Likes

Ooh, I can play this game!

Luke 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

2 Likes