Christmas lunacy from Jean-Luc Picard

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/24/christmas-lunacy-from-jean-luc-picard.html

17 Likes

giphy

23 Likes

ZJycGzw

20 Likes

Bravo but Q anon sort of spoiled some of the joy of this =(

1 Like

We were using it first, they can’t have it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seriously, this is magnificent!

trek picard claps perfection

17 Likes

How do you even do this? Have a loose idea of the words you need, then acquire the scripts for every episode and do mass text-searches to come up with candidates, and only then do you actually go to the episode (assuming you have all ST:TNG, ST:V, ST:DS9 episodes).

3 Likes
6 Likes

I’ve edited similar pieces…and yes you pretty much summed up my method. I use subtitle (.srt) files as my script source. They are basic text files with time stamp codes to display. Easy to help you find the clips.

4 Likes
6 Likes
8 Likes

I have a feeling that you are going to be able to pick a song, and a Google neural net will find the best fit from all the footage. Enjoy the bespoke, hand-crafted ones while you can.

1 Like

Very cool. I wouldn’t have thought these two would be compatible, but love conquers all!

3 Likes

I dunno, I always thought they had real Benedick and Beatrice energy.

1 Like

I have a sneaking suspicion he might have borrowed from Patrick Stewart’s A Christmas Carol for at least one particular word…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.