Data and Picard: Star Trek megamix medley

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/10/18/data-and-picard-star-trek-meg.html

1 Like

I’d like to know that Jean-Luc Picard.

4 Likes

Sounds a bit French.

2 Likes

6 Likes

I really like some of Pogo’s material but in this case it seems he ripped off the idea (down to the selection of audio clips) from Dark Materia’s “The Picard Song”.

2 Likes

Agreed, this seems like just another remix of the Picard Song, which is a classic.
It’s a good remix, you just can’t beat the original though.

1 Like

I’m almost done rewatching the series again for the 5,734th time. I think I got them:

Allegiance (season 3)
Birthright, Part II (season 6)
In Theory (season 4)
Ménage à Troi (season 3)
Brothers (season 4)
Timescape (season 6)

1 Like

I preferred this to the picard song, it just… incorporated more. Ya get me? I loved it.

1 Like

The Trump song made me think of this, which I believe I actually purchased on “cassingle”…

1 Like

No Gilbert & Sullivan?

I am disappoint.

4 Likes

To me he looks a bit like a young Q (especially the dance scenes in the transporter room).

1 Like

It’s similar, but Pogo’s done a whole heap of these remix songs in the same style before getting around to Star Trek.
If you’re going to do a Picard remix there are particular lines that is makes sense to include, like any time he sings or recites a poem, but I’d agree that Dark Materia had a better selection.

Here’s one for the Data fans: The Positronic Pimp (Futuristic Sex Robotz)

2 Likes

Is the guy lip syncing pogo himself? I gotta say his data mannerisms are spot on. Plus homemade bluescreen* is astonishing! :open_mouth:

*greenscreen

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.