Picard trailer

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/22/picard-trailer.html

12 Likes

We had just been saying that Geri Ryan deserved some love from the universe.

I don’t care that this will be schmaltz misty eyed fan service. I’m a schmaltz misty eyed fan.

20 Likes

PSA: Non-Americans can see it here:

9 Likes

So excited to see an aging Picard being brought back into action. The aging Mavrick (the other trailer today) should slip quietly into retirement…

2 Likes

i’m AAAALLLLLL in. “engage,” indeed!

5 Likes

15 Likes

It’s been a good year for me getting misty eyed over nerdy shit.

6 Likes

Looking forward to seeing his doggie in space. Every retired person should have a doggie - especially lonely bachelors. Wonder how they handle the facilities for doggie walks onboard?

7 Likes

Captain Archer’s beagle on the NX01 Enterprise 200 plus years earlier seemed to do just fine. I would think in Picard’s time a dog loose in a holodeck would be the easiest solution.

6 Likes

I remember him in I, Claudius as Sejanus. His first memorial scene was when he walks up & stabs an heir to the Emperor in the belly & smiles.

4 Likes

6 Likes

I was skeptical before but hopeful, really wanted this to work. After seeing this trailer i gotta say i’m fucking excited. Also heard that this is supposed to be like a mini-series, they haven’t confirmed how many episodes they will make but that it will be a limited series if that’s true that also makes me hopeful because they’ll be able to make a really tight story.

8 Likes

empty bridge?

2 Likes

ok, here we go…as someone who has never watched any star trek stuff, where is a good place to start? Old tv shows? certain movie?

2 Likes

I got some what aroused…

3 Likes

Any of the episodes where Captain Kirk gets his shirt ripped open in one-on-one combat. I think there’s like seven of those.

tumblr_mrvwd0m6cu1ry46hlo1_r1_400

15 Likes

Personally I’d start with The Next Generation. This episode guide is pretty good about letting you know if you should consider skipping something or not without just giving you a list of “essential” episodes.

7 Likes

BRING FORTH THE LIRPA!

You heard me.

3 Likes

I’m surprised Brent Spiner is back in the role as Data. I thought he said he officially retired or is the face that mocapped CGI gotten so good changed his mind? Cause he looks… much younger than he did in Nemesis.

3 Likes

The Captain Picard Day banner!!!

8 Likes