Picard trailer

does he? looks more like an old hamster with full cheeks and 2 metric tons of makeup on his face.

3 Likes

This list reminds me how uninspired I always found the TNG titles. I don’t know if it was Harlan Ellison or DC Fontana or what, but the titles from TOS are often like little brilliant poems. “Let that be your last battlefield” and “For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky” leap to mind.

8 Likes

But is that Data or B4?

Retired? Things change…

I_Am_Not_Spock_(Leonard_Nimoy_autobiography)_cover

I%20am%20spock

12 Likes

I remember a throwaway line in one TNG episode (I think it was the one where Data meets his mommy) which explained that he was actually designed to age visibly, so really guys it totally made sense that Spiner didn’t look as young as he did in Encounter at Farpoint.

Of course they totally contradicted that in other episodes including the flash-forward scenes from the series finale.

7 Likes

Yeah I think Spiner was just worried that an aging android wouldn’t be appealing but thanks to CGI it’s not exactly like it’s going to be much of an issue.

4 Likes

Yeah he probably saw what Marvel did with Michael Douglas and Sam Jackson and said “I want me some of that.” Even if the end result is a little “uncanny valley,” who cares? He’s supposed to be a robot.

6 Likes

I think thats maybe too expensive for a series? a Marvel-movie with some somewhat “belivable” de-aging is in the range of what? at least 100 million?

I might be an asshole to post this pic, but does that look “young” to you? or digitaly de-aged? if its de-aged, its worse than patrick stewarts de-aging in XMenLastStand.

2 Likes

HBO did it with Anthony Hopkins in Westworld (albeit only for a couple of brief scenes). Netflix also did it for Paul Reubens in Pee-Wee’s Big Holiday, and that movie didn’t exactly have Marvel Blockbuster money behind it.

5 Likes

Back when he had long flowing curly locks of hair!

Plus he had a thing for Magenta from Rocky Horror.

8 Likes

youre right, although it was pretty obvious in case of Reubens (didnt saw westworld, so I cant say anything bout that)

1 Like

Pretty sure that was just a wig he wore to keep the other 3rd-graders from making fun of him.

6 Likes

Or maybe his real hair was scared out of his head when Brian Blessed left the set

6 Likes

:wink:

18 Likes

These shows seem to do one or two stories per season. “Back in the saddle” might not happen until the last episode. This latest trailer sure looks like a mishmash of the various TNG movies we’ve already seen but it could still turn out to be something else.

1 Like

God I hope not, unless it’s set in some kind of multiverse where TV Picard hunts down and kills Movie Picard before he has a chance to ruin the character.

8 Likes

Yeah I think this is the case… Though doesn’t Data upload his memories into B4 before his suicide mission? (Problem being that B4 was not up to the level of Data)… also… this scene could easily be “Data” on a holodeck or something…

Also interesting to see Seven of Nine act like she knows Picard personally… And is possibly on an insane borg cube somewhere… I haven’t seen the end of Voyager so I’m not sure where her character ends up.

I wonder if old Picard ever thinks he will one day again ‘wake up’ on the bridge of the D having again lived another life in the blink of an eye a la “The Inner Light” :slight_smile: Guy has been through it all at this point.

ETA - on second thought it looks like Seven is just at Picard’s house… and it’s Picard and his rag-tag crew who are flying into a new borg cube…

2 Likes

Yeah that was pretty clearly written as a plot device so the writers could effectively resurrect Data in a later movie, just like how Spock used McCoy’s brain as a backup drive at the end of Star Trek II.

6 Likes

If you want to familiarize yourself with the characters in this trailer?

I’m going to say The Next Generation seasons 3 and 4, and Voyager season 4

Brent Spiner’s android characters aren’t supposed to be passing for human.

Uncanny valley effects are a benefit here, not a drawback.

Transporter technology should be some help.

get-this-thing-to-the-transporter-room

1 Like
5 Likes