Picard trailer

I hope they include an explanation of when and why France revoked its mandatory retirement laws.

“CBS All Access” always reads like an oxymoron to me.

4 Likes

I saw what looked like a tight quick beamouts in the trailer. A little poop wouldn’t be a problem.

1 Like

I see now this is what you are all talking about. I was just primarily thinking of actual exercise and the fact that dogs love to run and frolic. Cat owner perspective here. They shit on their own terms (and I just scoop later)

1 Like

Seeing how much of the “action Picard” nonsense we got was supposedly Stewart’s idea and he only came back to the role because of how it was written… I’m apprehensive. 7of9 and borg (ugh… Again?) doesn’t fill me with confidence. But im still hopefull its good.

1 Like

The studio didn’t actually inform Patrick Stewart that they were filming Star Trek: Nemesis until the movie was half finished because they figured out they could get him on set for free by telling him he’d won a new ATV.

9 Likes

Reading Star Trek novels will provide a great/expanded perception/understanding.

Na Nu Na Nu
[img]MorkfromOrk.gif[ /img]

1 Like

Mike Stoklasa eat your heart out.

2 Likes

Well, they were Borg at the same time, so of course they know each other. They all know each other.

Hugh recognized Picard immediately, even though they’d never met.

And Seven is no dummy, she knows he’d be offended if anybody called him Locutus to his face.

They might even go to the same ex-Borg support-group meetings every week.

10 Likes

Also, Voyager had Federation Databases (as all starships do) she could have easily gotten Borg-Fed relations history in her time. Thinking also to the familiarity Picard and Janeway had in Nemesis, ol’ Admiral Coffee could have easily introduced the two at some point in the last 20 years.

2 Likes

This is a good point I totally forgot that… Still, I think it’s a curious reaction given that Picard ostensibly doesn’t personally know her since his borg memories are weak at best… Maybe he intuitively remembers her, I guess is your point. If not, for Seven to address him in familiar manner would maybe still be in character given her lack of social skills, but I have to assume she’s become even more human in the intervening years…

Yeah I’m guessing there will be some throw-away lines about a shared history that we will never see. I doubt that the writers of this show will be digging all that deep, but that’s just me being pessimistic.

1 Like

I’ve been surprised how deep Discovery has gone. Haters bitch about supposed ‘canon changes’ but they have gone out of their way to honor the past productions/storylines and Easter eggs. Plus, Kristen Beyer is on staff for the show. She wrote some great Voyager novels and is a huge Trek nerd. I wouldn’t be surprised if she had a big hand in getting Jerri Ryan to return.

4 Likes

This was a huge part of the discussion on the last ST cruise. To paraphase, they basically said everyone was a huge fan and took the first modern TNG series as major honour, and they had hard cannon, soft canon, book canon, movie canon… you may not agree with their decisions, but there was “blood on the walls” of the writing room coming up with the right way forward.

4 Likes

Don’t we all though?

10 Likes

Now that would be prime sitcom material.

5 Likes

He’ll always be Karla for me.

2 Likes

I will take your word for it. As an old-school Trekkie I have thus far avoided Star Trek: Nemesis after walking out of the theatre 15 minutes into that movie. It is so horrid I cannot bear to watch it. I did love Star Trek: Discovery, though, so I have hopes for this. Oh, and living in Europe means I’ll either see this on Amazon Prime or Netflix. I hope Netflix, though the European trailer was on Amazon.co.uk’s account.

For me, the takeaway from the trailer was Picard looking old, hands trembling, as he said “I don’t want the game to end.” It looks like a proper farewell for a man who truly has “seen things you people wouldn’t believe” (sorry, Roy Batty!).

5 Likes

“Hi. My name is Seven of Nine and it’s been six months since we… umm, Idamndamndamn…”

7 Likes

I will be honest my main beef with Discovery is literally superficial. I can’t stand the set design for the bridge, Klingon ships and costuming/makeup for the Klingons.

The show broke the ice with me when they had the Harry Mudd/Groundhog Day episode. Plus Doug Jones is absolutely wonderful.

Haven’t seen the second season yet. Not high on my viewing queue priorities. But I will get around to it.

2 Likes

Think about it this way Jeri Ryan again.:slight_smile:
The last time I saw her was Arrow a few seasons ago. She’s still a knockout.

Anson Mount’s Captain Christopher Pike is well worth watching. Also how young Lieutenant Spock takes steps to becoming the Spock we all know. That, and the Enterprise just looks right. Properly refreshed.

Heck, even the Talosians are worth seeing.

3 Likes