New 'Star Trek: Picard' trailer

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/06/new-star-trek-picard-trailer.html

7 Likes

You had me at 7 of 9.

Seriously, I like–in the tradition of the first Star Trek films and their getting-the-crew-back-together spirit.

15 Likes

Can’t decide whether more excited for the show or someone dropping an Airwolf reference in a Star Trek post? :thinking:

9 Likes

That’s a rather large cat wagging its tail… looks like roughly 50 pounds of cat.

18 Likes

I wish I could be that sexy…

6tGGwiG

27 Likes

Can not wait!!!

Also - old people living comfortably in retirement and being respected?

I guess it really is science fiction.

27 Likes

I’m a Discovery and Nu-Trek Hater, but I’m ALL IN on this one. It’s the first modern Trek that actually feels like Trek to me. (Assuming the trailer is a accurate depiction of the show, of course.)

3 Likes

Well, his pit bull, anyway… :wink:

3 Likes

Video Unavailable (no specified reason)

Maybe because I’m in Mexico?

Either way, how ridiculous. It’s a dang trailer…

12 Likes

Ditto unavailable, in Canada.

7 Likes

I don’t need constant phaser battles.

I’m ready for a series that goes full Boothby.

10 Likes

International trailer: works in Germany at least.

17 Likes

This works. Good catch.

6 Likes

Given the choice of yet another Marvel/Wolverine movie or Star Trek, it’s nice he choose Star Trek in his golden years.

3 Likes

Nice to see the Vasquez Rocks featured prominently.

7 Likes

Well language isn’t static, three centuries is gonna see a lot of linguistic drift …

11 Likes

they should have taken a cue from star wars, made riker and troy living biter unhappy lives, separated from each other, their kid the new borg queen.

( poor luke, leia, and han. it still seems so unfair. )

[eta]

i think it’s marvel that has the no prize :wink: disney doesn’t own everything yet…

5 Likes

I really hope they don’t Discoveryize Picard. I’m not that optimistic given the trailer.

2 Likes

Unless those Thala-Sirens were genetically engineered to produce a nice Bordeaux, I just don’t see Jean-Luc moving there.

4 Likes

We can’t brunch here…this is Gorn country.

12 Likes