New 'Star Trek: Picard' trailer

he’s not a cat guy

cats don’t do what they’re told

5 Likes

As long as someone makes a supercut of slow moving dialogue and landscape stuff, this is gonna be… acceptable.

Seriously, though: swordfighting and phaserfire wooshing - i juuuust hope they don’t overdo the action part. Nobody needs that. What we DO need, and Stewart knows this better than the most ST actors, apparently, is some ethics problems being contemplated and solved. And maybe get some asses kicked out of their high positions.

Jean-Luc fighting? Yes please. The populists, please. On all fronts, please.

3 Likes

Vasquez rocks at 1:25!

6 Likes

Is StarFleet in SF or over in the Marin Headlands? A bit heavy on the pew pew/swashbuckling, but… to bring back my favorite Captain? Yes, please. I’m still paying CBS every month tho I haven’t been able to finish Discovery season 2. Gonna try some short treks w the Enkwife and see if we can’t ease into it again.

2 Likes

I mean, it’s going to be available through Amazon Prime worldwide, why geo lock the trailer?

3 Likes

I gave up on STD, I really don’t want to get my hopes up, but it looks good.

2 Likes

Exactly. <

1 Like

Presumably the ceremonial “Starfleet HQ” is at the Presidio, which they’ve been preserving for centuries just so they could put the Future Pentagon there, but various fleet activities are likely to be scattered all over the Bay Area

1 Like

I really wish it’s not a “ultimate fate of the universe” plot, I’d love to have a more episodic season with future grumpy grandpa Picard.
I’m watching DS9 and the slow and meticulous build of characters and plot is so nice, but I guess we will have a more “Discovery” than “DS9” show. Too bad.

Also, not much aliens in this trailer.

1 Like

I will note one pun I saw in the trailer, was that one of the Data clones in the assembly line clip had “F8” stamped on their forehead. It might be a vision, or a sign of Picard discovering that they went ahead and made the Data clones that Bruce Maddox (then a commander in Starfleet) envisioned in “Measure of a Man”.

I suspect the season is being set up to discuss sentient rights in the face of artificial life, in the face of Romulan diaspora and Borg navel-gazing. I hope this finally takes what made Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan so good: not the action scenes, not another arch-villain, but the overwhelming feeling of actions having consequences.

6 Likes

Maybe to create more buzz.

There’s nothing logical about geoblocking trailers, ever, at all.

I mean, have you ever seen any other advertising geoblocked ?

Something something China, something something Russia, something something Iran, something something North Korea. Religious beliefs and suchlike, right, I can see why some ads would be geoblocked. Product should not be associated with $behaviour or $political_opponent, ok. I can see that some companies want to control the image they are trying to project more tightly.

But seriously, imagine geoblocked diaper ads.
It’s just useless and nonsensical efforts.

1 Like

Maine Coon…

3 Likes

If this ends up being even 5% as good as the trailer suggests, I’ll be happy.

1 Like

Never understood while they do that. Anyway, set my VPN to the US and it opens fine.

1 Like

I’ve found the last two trailers remarkably pleasing. I find myself agreeing with those who want more contemplative science fiction and less “pew pew” phasers, but I feel like they have to play that up a bit to appeal to some of the fans who expect more action in their Star Trek series. Still and all, I’d like to avoid getting yet another streaming channel, and I’ve held off on the CBS Access stuff. I’ll probably wait until the whole first season is out, then get it for a month and binge it.

I’m not crying, YOU’RE crying!

1 Like

you dont need a trailer to know they will fuck it up, this guy guarantees it

hack

1 Like

I love the idea that everyone seems to retire on a giant rural estate… Like do even ensigns get to do that?

1 Like

The cat is an exotic Cardassian breed.

4 Likes

If Holodecks were real, how many people would want the upkeep of actual space?

TNG crew are probably outliers, since they’re statistically far more likely to want to avoid "Something in the Holodeck is actually trying to kill me"-scenarios.

6 Likes