Chuck Berry turned 90 and he is releasing his first album in 38 years

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/10/21/chuck-berry-turned-90-and-he-i.html

1 Like

Rolling Stone considers “Johnny B. Goode” to be the #7 greatest Rock’N’Roll song of all time.

His only song to hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100? My Ding-A-Ling

5 Likes

So we can expect a new Beach Boys album in 2017.

3 Likes

Shouldn’t that be the name of the man who inspired Berry’s genius?

Calvin Klein has been denied his entry in the history of Rock ‘n’ Roll for too long!

9 Likes

Alas, he was ahead of his time.

7 Likes

Brian Wilson is everywhere now.

2 Likes

Amazing. Is there a older surviving R&R founder? Jerry Lee is still alive but younger. It’s now funny/sad I’m older than he was when I saw him at 17 in the late 70’s and thought him ancient, ancient like any of the 60’s rock legends I saw then that were only in their late 30’s-early 40’s! I’m glad he found another album in him, just hope the narrative is not going to go down like Bowie’s did.

I still remember the “Weekend Update” bit they did about that NASA rocket. (…send more Chuck Berry) funny

The very first concert I ever went to was Chuck Berry. Awesome performer. He looked right at me, smiled big and pointed at me. I was quite young - maybe 12 - and I think he was happy to see someone from a younger generation there.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.