Chuck E. Cheese targets moms with lattes, salad, and more wine and beer

I’m just waiting for a Bloaties Pizza Hog to open near me.

6 Likes

Now there’s a selling point!

Too bad wine isn’t usually my groove.

2 Likes

Really? I didn’t think so when I took my kids to the Burbank location last year. We did the number one option below: 1 large pizza, four drinks, and 30 tokens for $30.

I could have spent $10 more for 50 more tokens, but my kids would rather climb around on their indoor jungle gym than blow through eighty tokens. Anyway, it was a couple hours of fun, and even at $40 it would have cost half as much as taking them to the movies.

3 Likes

I would always pick Bloaty’s over Chuck E.Cheese.

1 Like

It was definitely more than that for us the last time we went for a non-birthday party. But we’re up here in Canada, as well. And I won’t even get into what it cost us for my son’s birthday party there.

1 Like

Come for the lattes. Stay for the fights.

2 Likes

Exactly, I’m just thinking of the last time I was there. A beer would’ve really helped. I’m fairly sure all the adults felt the same way.

But, but, but… what about dads, man, I like lattes too, ya know, sometimes!

3 Likes

My best friend and I worked at Chuck E Cheese as our first jobs. We were both party hostesses but on slower days I was door monitor and she was Chuck E.
We were both 16 at the time and on a few occasions she was groped while wearing the disgusting costume by drunk dads who thought it would be funny to say “I didn’t know Chuck E. had Tits!”
Not singing the happy birthday song with enough enthusiasm would get you cornered by a group of people (in my case soccer mom looking types) saying “you looked like shit out there!”
This was a crappy experience but taught me a lot about people in all under the 6 months we stayed.
Maybe they should work on security and protecting their under aged employees before focusing on what “Millennials want”

9 Likes

I think most parents of kids in the video-arcade-birthday-party age range are still Generation X.

Maybe the Cheesemasters are just planning ahead.

1 Like

I’ve had to go there for a couple of b-day parties for my nieces and nephew… I’m convinced that place is one of the circles of hell. I imagine that working there was its own special kind of hell.

4 Likes

Do they sell malt liquor? I’d like to get day drunk there, unaccompanied by any children, and to top it off get thrown out with a migraine.

4 Likes

Does beer count?

Note: my experience is with Canadian Chuck E. Cheese, the adult beverages offered in American locations may differ, its entirely possible that you could get malt liquor at one. Please report back! :slight_smile:

1 Like

When asked where our son’s next birthday party would be, someone mentioned this place. I said “Chuck E. Cheese? Hell, no, that’s where people get shot. Especially the one in Canton.”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.