Claiming your $125 from Equifax is a "moral duty"

Exactly. Need documented expenses from harm caused by the breach.
The alternative is worthless for many since many credit card issuers make credit reports available anyway.
Even by the low standard of class actions and mass settlements, this is a bullshit one.
BTW: No good reason credit reports shouldn’t be free to the party involved all the time anyway.
Rely, Cory should correct the post. For most, Equifax is offering nothing worth the time to bother with.

I gotta admit, I thought about the $125, and then read the terms and conditions, and was concerned that the credit monitoring service had to be paid for with money to qualify for the $125 cash. I’ve read about six different articles on six different news sites with six different bylines all that were almost exactly the same and suggesting creditkarma.com, so that leads me to believe that is Churnalism put out by creditkarma to try to win new subscribers.

As much as I would like the potential money, I’m not going to commit perjury for it, so I’m going with the only other option. Especially since it might not even happen :stuck_out_tongue:

To each their own though, just I’d highly suggest reading the terms. They explicitly talk about “paying for credit monitoring services” as a pre-req for the money.

2 Likes

It’s going to be awesome when folks realize that five million people sign up for this and the $31MM total available for the class end up getting $6 a throw, instead of $125, and realize that the lawyers are still getting $80MM.

2 Likes

Apparently I was effected because it went through. So… yay, I guess.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.