Cleveland wants Tamir Rice's family to pay the EMS bill generated by killing him

I’m fckin dumbstruck, yet again. When you think things can’t get any worse, some shit comes along to make you realise it can.
This is another strike against, as far as considering USA for my next holiday…
Your people are f
ing nuts.

10 Likes

Actually, I propose a new American flag:

9 Likes

You live in a strip mall, as far as I could ever tell. The most surreal part of it is that people actually live there. No accounting for circumstances, taste and, of course, no offence meant.

1 Like

Well, we have that going for us…

3 Likes

Does just about any kid in middle school? I think I had a close-n-play and a Black Sabbath record.

1 Like

Takes a hard, pointy and tiny penis to fuck nuts. Give us some credit.

3 Likes

Wow, I hope they never collect on this, because if Cleveland figures out that they can actually make money by killing unarmed black kids…

10 Likes

No offense taken. I’ve lived in strip mall neighborhoods, the country side, dense urban areas, places resembling ghettos (not like nwa Compton, but bad). I have lived next door to… Three meth houses and I think two millionaires. And at least one convicted murderer. Oh, and my last house was the scene of a murder suicide that also got SWAT’ed.

Observing that I currently live in a weird weird suburbia is spot on, and not insulting one iota :smiley:

Edit to add

I’m a weird one :). I saw this place, it was in my budget, the roomies are in their seventies and from south Africa, so I said… I’ve never done that before! Why the hell not?

8 Likes

You know which country did bill the widows of deceased, too? Germany. In 1944. First they hung an innocent man, then they sent a bill. You find one example documented in the works of Erich Kästner, but there have been thousands.

Strictly speaking, it looks like(as seems appropriate for the US) the actual execution is at no additional charge; but the medical bills aren’t covered.

If he had one, I can only assume that an insurance outfit will be next to come up with some breathtakingly ugly excuse for why this isn’t covered under the policy.

4 Likes

could you please reassure us that murder suicide was prior to you moving in?

1 Like

5 Likes

This makes me furious. I’ve been to Cleveland numerous times and it’s a great city with friendly people but the political system there is warped. There was no reason Tamir should have been shot in the first place. To charge the family for his final ambulance ride is an absolute disgrace.

4 Likes

Killing or jailing…got it.

I started to ask why they wouldn’t charge for the salt but then I remembered the Roman practice of salting a defeated enemy’s grounds. Even though salt was valuable (wages were sometimes paid in salt) it seems to have been a service they provided free of charge.

Out of the goodness of their hearts.

4 Likes

Heh, yes it was two years before I bought the place. But it was all sorts of creepy when we found out which room it happened in (our bedroom).

The human beings in Cleveland city government have already fixed this and apologized.

Cleveland’s finance director said at the news conference that the file for the ambulance bill was closed in February 2015 after Medicaid paid $179 of the $500 cost. The city wrote off the balance, she said.

acbnews.go.com

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s only a pound.

When you’re in middle school, really, what else do you need?

(I had cassette tapes of Led Zeppelin’s and Boston’s first albums.)

Yeah, the margin’s probably 10-15% easy.

Growth industry, baby.

Fuckin’ a…

(/s, just so everyone’s clear…)