Clever crow plays Connect Four

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/06/clever-crow-plays-connect-four.html

6 Likes

Crow pulled the same maneuver my grandmother used to use on me. Skip the obvious win a couple times to give the less skilled player a shot, then eventually get frustrated and take the win anyways. Don’t worry human…someday you’ll grasp the lesson the crow is teaching.

7 Likes

I want a crow friend. How do I get a crow friend?

images

8 Likes

How about making a friend who also menaces your enemies?

These two bits will give you an idea of the tone of the article, which weaves actual usable information together with dark wit:

They ain’t picky, but internet crow experts recommend feeding them nuts, eggs, scraps of meat, or dog and cat food. I’m going with scraps of meat because I like crows who are bloodthirsty.

Then sit back and rest while the crows do work. Word will spread among the birds, and every time your enemies walk the streets, crows will gather. They will glare at them. They will screech their disapproval at your enemies’ very existence. Your enemies will have no idea why, either. But there will be more and more crows every day. And it’s not going to stop. Not today. Not ever.

8 Likes

Awwww! I love seeing the different enrichment activities zoos and other wildlife facilities plan for their charges. Warms the cockles of my heart.

Good Vibes Yes GIF by The Great British Bake Off

6 Likes

Forget that! Play for blood, Gabby!

4 Likes

Gabby is compassionate crow! If only because she needs to train human to the point he has enough awareness to realize just how inferior he truly is!

3 Likes

A couple xmases ago, tumblr gave users a set of playable bells on our dashboards, and a pretty snowflake animation.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.