Watch: Loyal crow often goes on walks with a family who rescued him

Originally published at: Watch: Loyal crow often goes on walks with a family who rescued him | Boing Boing

8 Likes

If the family didn’t rescue him, the crow would probably take revenge, knocking on the family’s door at midnight and screaming “never more, never more!”

4 Likes

Never make a crow mad. Not only will it carry a grudge, it will tell all its friends and they’ll pass that grudge down thorough generations to come.

Crows are the Hatfields of the animal kingdom.

13 Likes

I love seeing stuff like this.

7 Likes

This reminds me of an article that made me snicker repeatedly:

They ain’t picky, but internet crow experts recommend feeding them nuts, eggs, scraps of meat, or dog and cat food. I’m going with scraps of meat because I like crows who are bloodthirsty.

7 Likes

Crows clean up our world. New Caledonian crows are incredibly smart.

4 Likes

My stupid older brother once shot a crow with a BB gun. Fortunately, he didn’t kill it. However, he pissed it off and faced the wrath of its buddies. The only thing I don’t know is how long their vengeance lasted. Kinda hoping it hasn’t stopped. What an asshat.

8 Likes

It’s cool to see how quickly the crow trained those people. He must have found a pretty bright bunch. I once asked a murder of crows if they had a name for groups of humans. Turns out to be a plague of people.

4 Likes

Three crows “walked” me to school almost every day during my last year of high school. They’d wait for me while playing on the roof of a bank on the block S of my house, and start cawing like mad when they saw me. They’d fly from tree to tree as I walked, often doing aerobatics between landings. They’d fly off with a few more caws once the school hove into sight.

I’d come out at lunchtime and they’d be on the school’s front lawn waiting for me. I’d wave and say “Hi!” and they’d caw and take off. Classmates who saw this were confused, so I told them, “Oh, they’re my friends. They walk me to school every morning.”

I wonder why everyone thought I was a witch….

8 Likes

Skipped the r in ‘crow’ when reading the headline, got a little confused when reading the ‘fell from a tree’ bit.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.