Man attempts to relocate crow from roof of his car, resulting in The Birds

Originally published at: Man attempts to relocate crow from roof of his car, resulting in The Birds | Boing Boing

7 Likes

And that poor guy is going to get swarmed by that group every time he parks there. Crows remember human faces and have long memories.

Crow mafia is best mafia.

46 Likes

Stephen Colbert Murder GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

32 Likes

In the bird kingdom, that will result in a sentence of 100 years of bird shit on your automobile.

25 Likes

It looks like this guy got told his place in the pecking order. I do love the Corvids.

19 Likes

Yes. Don’t mess with the smart birds with a sense of humor.

11 Likes

Don’t ever mess with their newly fledged young. They will mess with you. Literally, too.

16 Likes

My first thought too-- obviously a young bird and the parents coming to the rescue.

Not sure these are crows though, could be some other corvid, clearly not the standard North American crow I am used to.

7 Likes

Judging from a limited view of the licence plate this is not North America.

3 Likes

i have heard stories of people feeding crows and then they bring you back lost items and gifts.

9 Likes

For sure a juvie - that’s it making the higher-pitched, more drawn-out, whiny call. The adults are making the shorter, harsher summoning calls.

In the before time I used to walk across campus at lunch, and for a month or two every year there would be a family of crows, complete with a whiny teen or two, and the parents keeping a close watch on them. No way in hell would I go near them.

10 Likes

That’s attempted murder by crows. Why not just drive away without trying to handle the poor bird? SMH

5 Likes

Crows and other corvids are incredibly smart. When I used to visit my grandmother in India as a kid on vacation, I really wanted to get a catapult. I got one eventually, but was told in no uncertain terms by my great-uncle to never ever use it on a crow, as all the crows around would come to get revenge, and they have long memories.

There’s a reason why Odin’s two companions Huginn and Muninn are crows.

9 Likes

I believe those are Hooded Crows; they have a wide range over much of Europe and Western Asia.

14 Likes

I came here to read about angry crows and came away with a brief tale of a child and their catapult. What a place.

8 Likes

Guess he’s never played a Zelda game.

cucco

5 Likes

Crow nestlings often explore their surroundings before they can fly. If you do have to rescue one and have a yard, as well as know the parents are in the area, put it in a cage in the yard that’ll protect it from predators, yet allow the parents to continue the tough job of feeding it for a few more days-usually they will do that. Ideally the cage will be large enough to allow the kid to flap its wings and develop its flight muscles. You can also put out some food to make the parent’s job easier–maybe they’ll forgive you.

Barring that–Easy way to change his look is to alter his facial hair significantly. Otherwise it’s mask time or plastic surgery.

2 Likes

It’s nesting season for the crows in our neighborhood and there are several places near my house where for the past couple of weeks the crows have been diving at anyone who walks under their nest. It’s quite unnerving.

4 Likes

Just remember - a group of crows isn’t called a “murder” for nothing.

3 Likes

We’re trying this, with a bowl of unsalted peanuts out for our crow bros. The local jay population has found them, so it’s a corvid party, some days.

I take a few extra peanuts with me on my morning walk as the crows like to keep watch from the overhead wires. I pitch them a couple of offerings when I pass by. I’m no dummy.

9 Likes