Man attempts to relocate crow from roof of his car, resulting in The Birds

I’ve been feeding crows in my neighborhood for months. I haven’t gotten any gifts that I’m aware of yet.

@mclemens I tried peanuts among other things, but found they seem to like Temptations cat treats a lot more and it doubles as a treat for the neighborhood cats I also encounter.

3 Likes

They stick together like coffee filters.

1 Like

corvids are not birds they are highly intelligent flying monkeys that will try their best to end you in anyway they know how if you mess with them.

1 Like

I have ravens where I live and try to feed them but the Australian magpies will always dominate. They all have long memories and live around 30 years so that can be some grudge!

I remember coming back to live an the same rural area after 15 years in the city and a raggedy old bird flew down to greet me with the most beautiful song! We picked up where we left off.l

7 Likes

He may have realised it was a fledgling and not wanted to test its flight powers by simply driving away with it on the roof. It may have fallen to his car roof. But handling it was an error - he should have tried shooing it first. Though its nonchalance at his presence suggests that may well not have worked either.

2 Likes

Magpies are corvids too

3 Likes

Tippi Hedren?! Get with the times! This calls for Moira Rose!

3 Likes

We call the sunrise neighborhood roll-through The Crowening as in:

“Welp, better go fill up the dish. Here comes the Crowening.”

2 Likes

Reddit says it’s Russian. That would fit with the crow being a hoodie.

3 Likes

I’ve seen corvids like that in Cagliari, Sardenia, Italy. They look like they’re wearing little grey vests.

2 Likes

Australian magpies are actually passerines not corvids although they share similar traits with regard to facial recognition.

3 Likes

‘Summoning’ call? I call it their “fuck this dude/seagull/cat/etc. in particular” call, as when I hear it they’re bullying something out of their territory.

1 Like

Absolutely true. But they love to share the bullying with their pals.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.