Ongoing Corvid Developments

12 Likes

[…]
As reported by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, and filmed by residents of Canberra, ravens have attacked at least one of Wing’s drones during a delivery run.
[,]

10 Likes

Being swooped by magpies on a bicycle is a regular occurrence in Spring, but Canberra is the only place I’ve been swooped while riding a motorbike. The sun was behind me so I had a perfect view of our converging shadows on the road in front of me.

Very happy to be wearing a full-face helmet. Canberra’s bird life doesn’t muck around.

12 Likes

Of course Australian magpies aren’t corvids…or even magpies.

4 Likes

e57016f708a7fb6d3d0484e20d316cffe32158e0_2_500x500

27 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 3)

I think this is in the wrong thread.

7 Likes

I just found this on Tumblr. It seems germane…

13 Likes

All Corvid fans are probably familiar with most of these stories, but there were a few follow-ups and additional details I hadn’t read before:

https://www.birdwatchingdaily.com/news/science/the-clever-amazing-behaviors-of-crows/

(Not sure why it won’t one-box.)

9 Likes
8 Likes
7 Likes

That was helpful! I have a hard time telling them apart from sight.
If anyone here is unfamiliar, Bernd Heinrich has a couple great books about ravens, and for those with broader avian interests, “One Wild Bird at a Time,” is a nice read.

Edit: missing word

3 Likes

It seems germane? Or (cousin) It seems germane?

3 Likes

Took me a minute.
Because you misspelled his name :wink:

4 Likes

Step one - is there probable caws?

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

9 Likes

“Ongoing Corvid Developments”
OMG, color me very confused!! I am now up on it. Damn, I feel dumb.

11 Likes

Oh No Do Not Want GIF by CBC

10 Likes