Climate activist Greta Thunberg is Time's Person of the Year

Person of the year isn’t really an award in the traditional sense and it’s not kind of the thing you get compensation for. It’s also not like you can “refuse” it, especially if you’re a public figure.

5 Likes
8 Likes

Au contraire—soon we’ll have whole new groups of animals joining the endangered species list as the planet becomes less and less inhabitable for the creatures currently inhabiting it. Who knows what species will be threatened next… mule deer? Sparrows? Man?

4 Likes

Somehow, when republicans whine, it’s manly, righteous, indignant outrage.

Like the recent tantrum House Judiciary Committee Ranking Member Doug Collins threw when he had to return for second day to vote after the Republicans had taken up 8 hours of the committee time with ridiculous filibustering amendments that had no chance of passing.

And then the mainstream media dutifully reports how “angry” he was.

He tried to procedurally put off the vote till late at night, so: (1) the vote would get no live press coverage; (2) he could claim the vote was taken secretly and outrageously and shamefully, in the dead of night. Gerry Nadler outflanked him and made them return again in the morning. Instead of saying “OK, You got me”, cue the tears of faked rage.

7 Likes

I know right. I’ve been watching the hearings and going these are the type of people who say women should let their menfolk make all the decisions because ladies are too emotional?

I hope Greta can keep this up. Someone has to hold TPTB (the powers that be) responsible because consequences are starting to happen and all of us will pay.

3 Likes

There is nothing and no one in the world as thin-skinned, whiny and easily offended as one of these right-wingers (mostly men), who incessantly complain about safe spaces, political correctness, and “special snowflakes.”

As always, projection is the word of the day.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.