Close-up video of a fire ant bite and sting

Originally published at: Close-up video of a fire ant bite and sting | Boing Boing

8 Likes

That makes so much sense now. I had always wondered why the simultaneous bite was so painful, but never knew that it was actually a simultaneous sting that gets the, ehe, point across. ^____^

6 Likes

I fucking hate those fuckers. Worst part about visiting Texas.

4 Likes

Invasive little fuckers! The sting burns like hell and 24 hours later turns into this nasty little pustule that itches like hell until you scratch it open. You never get just one sting either. I swear these punks talk to each other. They clamber up your shoe and leg and simultaneously bite. Live in the South long enough and you will be trained that when you feel that mushy step into a fire ant pile you better start dancing or you will get nailed.

11 Likes

Agree on all counts. Hard to kill too.
I play a game with my kid on walks- spot the ant mound. I’m trying to train her to subconsciously see and recognize mounds so she doesn’t step on them.

4 Likes

Besides the Republicans, right?

3 Likes

TBF - I’ve never been bit by a Republican!

1 Like

Maybe not literally.

2 Likes

My theory is that all of Alabama sits on top of a single massive colony, and the thousands of closely-spaced anthills I see in the median of I-65 are just the parts that stick out.

Fuck those little assholes.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.