Closer than ever: It is 100 seconds to midnight

“This situation—two major threats to human civilization, amplified by sophisticated, technology-propelled propaganda—would be serious enough if leaders around the world were focused on managing the danger and reducing the risk of catastrophe. Instead, over the last two years, we have seen influential leaders denigrate and discard the most effective methods for addressing complex threats—international agreements with strong verification regimes—in favor of their own narrow interests and domestic political gain. By undermining cooperative, science- and law-based approaches to managing the most urgent threats to humanity, these leaders have helped to create a situation that will, if unaddressed, lead to catastrophe, sooner rather than later.”

8 Likes

20200123_195155

4 Likes

I wish I had something even nominally positive to say in the face of this… but right now, I got nothin.’

7 Likes

Je suis Greta.

3 Likes

I wish; she’s a better, more committed person than I am, with more time left (potentially, anyway.)

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.